Billing Dept: Errors. Watch your bill.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lhfh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
I just looked at my bill from Dish. They have TWO Equipment Fee charges of $49.00 each and one $49.00 credit. There shouldnt be any Equipment fee's at all on my bill. I called them and they said the second Equipment Fee charge will be removed also. They also have no idea why the charges are on there in the first place. Will they remove the added tax for the fee's also? We will see. It seems their billing department is in disarry. This isnt the first time my bill was over charged. I have Attached a copy of my bill.:rant:

Attachments

• Bill.bmp
    754.6 KB · Views: 438
I've had some pretty squirrelly things on my bill through the years.
This month I had a bill with a $145 Equipment Exchange (then removed) plus two separate charges for a Service Agreement which I didn't have. The CSR made a big deal out of not charging me $25 to cancel the Service Agreement which was nice of him since I didn't have a Service Agreement to begin with. I always get a paper bill from them.

It seems their billing department is in disarry.
Quoted for truth. or x2

Is it their billing department, or the management? Mgmt. tells the billing department what to do?

Either way, corporate scumbags :vomit:

To my knowledge, I'm bluntly being ripped off due to Dish's negligence.

I'm paying for both Gold and Platinum service at $10.00/each.

Gold HD package doesn't exist anymore, right? I'm paying for something that does not exist?

One day, I'll go on dishnetwork.com, get my bills and call them.
It seems that 80% of my satelliteguys.us postings is this same rant. I need to deal with it...

I'm paying for both Gold and Platinum service at $10.00/each... I'm paying for something that does not exist?
Yup. That's been going on for months. Indeed it does seem a rather scummy way of doing business. Apparently you are allowed to keep overpaying (relative to the rest of us here on http://satelliteguys.us) almost indefinitely. But some relief is in sight. If I read all the posts here correctly, existing customers are about to get $10 off (Free HD for Life) starting June 3. Or not! Maybe we'll all have to call first and ask. :(

Please don't tell us you're still on mixed-arc 61.5/110/119!

The HD package were combined as part of a special promotion, available to existing customers only on request. Or if you changed your programming tier, it would've happened automatically.

On June 3rd, the combined hd promotion will cease. Additionally, HD Theatre and Palladia will be moved to the Platinum package-- HD Net will be the only HD-exclusive channel remaining in the basic hd package. Customers who already have the combined HD for $10 will be grandfathered in.

The HD Free for Life offer only covers the basic HD. And it required either a 24-mo commit/autopay or a one-time fee of $99. Platinum HD will continue to be available for $10 more.

So for customers who already have the combined package, and feel the Platinum HD is worth keeping for $10/mo... probably will not be interested in the HD for life promotion.

The HD package were combined as part of a special promotion, available to existing customers only on request.
Don't you feel... Soiled by repeating this "reasoning"?

So for customers who already have the combined package, and feel the Platinum HD is worth keeping for $10/mo... probably will not be interested in the HD for life promotion.
You can't be serious! Everybody, repeat EVERYBODY, is interested in HD FREE for Life. Are you trying to tell us that current customers with HD cannot drop the Platinum part on June 3 and get a $10 reduction in our bill?

Don't you feel... Soiled by repeating this "reasoning"?
Yes.
You can't be serious! Everybody, repeat EVERYBODY, is interested in HD FREE for Life. Are you trying to tell us that current customers with HD cannot drop the Platinum part on June 3 and get a $10 reduction in our bill?
They absolutely can. Just saying that some are going to want to keep the platinum, and will be disappointed to find that they're not actually going to save any money without giving up channels.

Always check your bill for accuracy. When you pay your bill, its basically an agreement that the amount is correct. You're letting your money speak for you in those cases.

Which is exactly why Auto-pay is *evil*. I try to avoid it at all times for this very reason.
Depends on what type of bill payer you are. I get a little email notice that my statement is ready and immediately go check it. People who are likely to put it off shouldn't mess with billpay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)