rv setup

redbluff

Original poster
May 14, 2010
north arkansas
HELP WITH RV 322 SETUP

I have a RV problem that's driving me nuts. I have a Dish Network 322 with Dish 500Pro DPP twin in my house. Sats 110 and 119 come in fine. The problem arose when I tried to temporarily move the receiver to my rv to run off the dish there. It has a round winegard manual aligning dish with a single rg59 coax running into the motor home. The receiver wouldn't detect any birds so I bought a sat finder meter but it wouldn't detect anything because both the original lnb AND my new sat finder were bad. I installed a new rectangle mount single lnb, a DMS International 11.7 - 12.75 GHZ. and new sat finder. The meter now pegs out on what I assume to be 110 and 119 but my receiver is only able to see 118.5. That gave me a hint that I might have possibly bought a wrong lnb maybe an fta lnb? I bought another one, an Eagle Aspen DTV 32+ 12.2 - 12.7 GHZ. this one reacts the same way, pegs out my sat finder at approximately the right azs and els for 110 and 119 but detects nothing for 110 or 119. I did a check switch a couple of time to reset my sats and switches config to x's but no help. I temporarily changed out the rg59 with a piece of rg6 but no help. Dish CS was no help. They say I shouldn't do check switch, just leave the 119 and 110 configured but I think the fact that I have no switch in the rv and the receiver thinks I do have one (from the house configuration) might mess things up. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
With the manual rooftop winegard you should only be able to see one sat at a time. Try using the Dish300 setup for either 110 or 119 and see if that works.

I agree I should only see 1 sat at a time but I should be able to get around that. I did set my mode to dish 300 but still no help. Is it possible that both lnb's are not not compatible with dish network? I have a separator in the house. Do I use that in the rv also? Maybe 2 coax's from the lnb to both 322 ports might help. I hava an extra separator. should i connect it to the lnb and run 1 coax to another separator at the reciever?

Okay...I'm not sure of what your setup is like. The Winegard on my RV is similar looking to one you might see from Directv. Without being able to adjust the skew you won't be able to see both sats at the same time. Have you tried connecting to only the sat1 input on your receiver? Do you have an elevation readout anywhere in one of your front compartments? Which Winegard dish do you have?

I have a winegard RD-4600 sat dish , round, 18" with a single lnb which has 2 ports. I also have an RD-04DE Digital Elevation Sensor. Yes, I've tried to connect to my 322 receiver sat1, then sat2, then tried using my dish plus separator (sat1 and sat2) from the house with a single coax to the lnb. I also tried someone else's 301 single receiver with the same results, no detection, just the incessant beep-beep-beep when using point dish.

Try this..........Hook up receiver to sat one. on set-up screen, enter your zip code and Dish 300. This should give you elevation and azimuth. Using a transponder number above 13 pick either 110 or 119. Crank up your dish til you reach the correct elevation according to your elevation sensor. Using a compass as a guide find North and rotate the azimuth dial so the N points north. Then rotate your dish towards the azimuth indicated by your setup screen. When you get to the indicated azimuth rotate slowwwwwllllly, wait and rotate a little more and wait. Double check that your elevation is still correct. Eventually you should be able to get a signal.
When I aim, I get a constant tone (when in the area of a sat) that changes pitch when I find the sat I am aiming at. It goes from a low pitched hum with a red bar to a high pitch with green bar. i don't get any tone until I am close to a sat.

I finally got 119 to come in but not 110 yet! First I leveled my RV with a 3' level sitting on the floor instead of using the system's leveling lights. Then I set my dish support arm to vertical and aligned my elevation sensor to read 24 per its setup procedures. The borrowed 301 receiver was already set to Dish 300 and the check switch was already done showing all x's. I aligned as best I could with my sat finder but was getting nothing. After about 5 minutes of listening to beep beep, it just came in at about a 77 on the pointer screen. Wierd, I wasn't doing anything, just sitting there. I now know my new lnb works. Next step is to see if my 322 receiver will link up.

Glad your making progress....

I have a separator in the house. Do I use that in the rv also? Maybe 2 coax's from the lnb to both 322 ports might help. I hava an extra separator. should i connect it to the lnb and run 1 coax to another separator at the reciever?

Are you also aware that you won't be able to watch different channels on the front and back tvs with this seup? Even with a separator the Winegard doesn't have the internal switches needed for individual viewing on two tvs.

you cannot use the separator since the LNB on the RV is not DishProPlus. You need 2 lines from the LNB to the receiver

make sure to do a check switch to clear the existing info out of the receiver. You will need to do this each time you move the receiver from the house to the RV and vise versa

You will not be able to get both sats at the same time. If you move the dish from 119 to 110 you need to redo a check switch.

I tried my 322 again. No go. I cannot get 110 or 119 to link up. When I get on the road I'll see if anyone at a campsite who has a 322 and single lnb can give me some help. Thanks all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)