Billing Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

XtremepH

Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
Florida
Im a fairly new customer just around 4 months to Dish but im really getting sick of having to call each month after seeing my bill to have them adjust there $4.99 fee for my so called unconnected phoneline to my 322 receiver.

I called them today explaining to them that my phone line is working properly as caller id feature is working and diagnostic test have all been correct. They then asked me if I had DSL line which i told them no. The lady then says it may be my 322 receiver modem and she goes ahead an orders a new one for me.

My question is there a possibilty my receiver modem is broken?? + this would make my 3rd 322 reciever as the first one had some problems aquiring a signal. Are these 322 recievers problematic?? She also informed me that the program guide updates were taken through the satellite except that I was told when I asked why I need a phone line that updates would come through phone line which is it????

Thanks

All updates from Dish Network come over the satellite not the phone line. The phone line is to confirm you are at the right home address phone number which is to prevent "stacking". I have read here from Scott that more multiple tuner dvrs and basic receivers are coming like the 344( 4 tuners) , the 544 ( 4 tuner dvr) , the 922 with dvd writer ( 2 tv output in hd and will replace the very bad 921 next year) , and the 722 ( dual tuner or 2 tv ouput dvr ) . The 722 is supposedly to be the dvr that is going to be sold to existing customers instead of the 522 ( lease only). All will be required to use a phone line or pay the additional receiver fee or outlet fee. This all being done to get an edge over cable and to prevent stacking or sharing receivers by customers. Now the Directv tivo does get it's origional software update over the phone line and then I believe the rest updates are done via satellite.

Get used to it DISH has historically had software problems on new receivers it takes 6-12 months for them to get the receivers some what stabilized. That is when they clear them out and start a new batch of problems example 721.

XtremepH said:
Im a fairly new customer just around 4 months to Dish but im really getting sick of having to call each month after seeing my bill to have them adjust there $4.99 fee for my so called unconnected phoneline to my 322 receiver.

I called them today explaining to them that my phone line is working properly as caller id feature is working and diagnostic test have all been correct. They then asked me if I had DSL line which i told them no. The lady then says it may be my 322 receiver modem and she goes ahead an orders a new one for me.

My question is there a possibilty my receiver modem is broken?? + this would make my 3rd 322 reciever as the first one had some problems aquiring a signal. Are these 322 recievers problematic?? She also informed me that the program guide updates were taken through the satellite except that I was told when I asked why I need a phone line that updates would come through phone line which is it????

Thanks

I'm not sure a new 322 with fix your problem. I'm having the same issue with a couple of my customers. Their phonelines are connected, but DISH is still billing them the $4.99. They, of course, credit back when the cusotmers call in, but it is really a pain. These are rural customers, though, so it may have something to do with the line quality.

Perhaps once these new receivers are released they will not as buggy seeing how similar models are currently on the market.

well i guess i have to get use to it. the service and programming imo is great just that calling in each month is a pain in the a** and there techs will continue to ask me the same question please do a line check. Thank you guys for your post very helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts