Billing question/not DHA

DishBillingQuestion

Original poster
Mar 22, 2006
Englewood, CO
I am looking to reduce my monthly bill for E*. I was looking over my bill, and found that I should be able to reduce it.

Mar 06 - Apr 05 America's Top 180 with Locals 54.99
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 5.98
Leased Receiver Fee 5.00
Addl Receiver Access Fee 5.00
DISH Network 1ST Q Promo 0.00
Feb 21 State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) 3.60
Total 74.57

We have 3 recievers/4 tuners. 1-JVC DVHS, 1-311, 1-522. The 522 is the leased reciever.

We want to drop the JVC, as it hasn't been hooked up for a year now (I felt the need to donate $60 to the Charlie retirement fund). That would get rid of the 5.00additional receiver fee. What I would also like to do is get rid of the lease fee, which, if I am not mistaken, is included in your first receiver for DHA. Is there a way to switch over to DHA, or can I make the 522 the primary receiver to get rid of this fee?

Thanks for your time, I figured coming here would be the best option instead of playing CSR roulette.

The DVR fee is only waived if you have AEP.

I guessing that you must have got the 522 thru the Dish'n it up promo so even if it was your only receiver it would still have the lease fee.

Other than reducing your programming package the JVC fee looks like all you can cut. You could return the 522 and buy a 522 to eliminate the lease fee but you would then pay a $5 addituional receiver fee, so it would be a wash.

DishBillingQuestion said:
Yes, we did the Dish'n'it up promo last year. I love how a customer of 8 years gets an extra $5 fee, when anyone else gets a free lease.
You are being treated exactly the same as any existing customer participating in the DIU promotion. DHA and DIU are not the same.:)

3 DP LNBs to DP34 to 622 ?

622 Arrival

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)