Billing Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

beasleyiv

Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
I read the FAQs, but I think I'm getting screwed. When I upgraded to my leased 622, over a year ago, I simply subscribed to top 200 + locals + dishHD.

I have recently changed my package to DVR Advantage. They are still charging me a lease fee of $6. The 622 is the only receiver I have, and have had for over a year.

I have called twice and even escalated to a supervisor. They are telling me that only "new" accounts get the $6 lease fee waived on DVR Advantage.

According to everything I've read, I shouldn't be getting charged the lease fee. It should be $49.99 for DVR Advantage, and $20 for HD.

Am I wrong? Help.

I read the FAQs, but I think I'm getting screwed. When I upgraded to my leased 622, over a year ago, I simply subscribed to top 200 + locals + dishHD.

I have recently changed my package to DVR Advantage. They are still charging me a lease fee of $6. The 622 is the only receiver I have, and have had for over a year.

I have called twice and even escalated to a supervisor. They are telling me that only "new" accounts get the $6 lease fee waived on DVR Advantage.

According to everything I've read, I shouldn't be getting charged the lease fee. It should be $49.99 for DVR Advantage, and $20 for HD.

Am I wrong? Help.

You are correct; no lease fee.

E-mail the CEO.

Am I wrong? Help.

IIRC, if you upgraded to the 622 under the "dishing it up" plan, you will be charged a leased receiver fee ($6 for any of the two tuner dvr's; $5 for any other receiver, I believe), even if the one dvr/rec is the only one on your account. I'm being charged $6 for my leased 622 (only receiver on the acct); there was a lot of confusion about this a year or so ago. Someone explained that, at that time, the only ones who weren't charged were the subs who signed up under the Digital Home Advantage plan, my understanding was that the DHA plan wasn't available to existing subs. IMO, I'd rather pay the lease fee than buy one, like the 921 I purchased....
Certainly I'd like to get the 622 with no fee and save $72 a year and who wants to think another sub got a better deal than you:D

They changed that awhile back so even under dishin it up the lease fee should not be on there if it is the only receiver or primary receiver.

When I got home I had a message from Jenny at the CEO communications office, or something like that. I had emailed CEO earlier today. I'll give them a call back tomorrow and see what their lame explanation is.

Am I wrong? Help.

NO! You are correct! DVR advantage INCLUDES the DVR fee for ONE DVR and the lease fee for one receiver. I have DVR advantage and lease two receivers, a 622 and a 722. I am getting charged $5.00 for an additional receiver access fee, period. There is no other equipment charge. lease or otherwise. I do have ONE DVR fee. I have a copy of my bill in front of me. Good luck with the CSR's!:rolleyes:

Ed

NO! You are correct! DVR advantage INCLUDES the DVR fee for ONE DVR and the lease fee for one receiver. I have DVR advantage and lease two receivers, a 622 and a 722. I am getting charged $5.00 for an additional receiver access fee, period. There is no other equipment charge. lease or otherwise. I do have ONE DVR fee. I have a copy of my bill in front of me. Good luck with the CSR's!:rolleyes:

Ed

The dvr advantage plan doesn't have anything to do with a receiver lease fee, it covers: programming, the dvr fee, and locals. I'm in the same boat, I upgraded around July 2006, to a 622. I've got the same package as the OP and I get nicked for the $6 monthly lease fee. I do save $3.98 a month over the individual prices (which are AT200 @ 42.99 month; dvr fee of 5.98 per month and locals at 5.00 per month). What decides whether your have a lease fee is when you signed up and of course, the new subs get a better deal than existing subs. Check your contract, that's what dictates your terms. I vaguely remember the csr told me several times, "there will be a $6 monthly lease fee & if you cancel before 18 months you will owe a penalty for early cancelllation". Here's the info I copied from the post by BFG regarding dvr advantage fees. So no, beasleyiv, I don't think you're getting screwed. Let us know if you get Dish to drop the lease fee, I'll give it a try if it works for you:up

Dish Programming Prices and Fees as of August 15, 2007

Qualified Programming Packages

Dish DVR Advantage Packs
(Includes AT100, Locals, and DVR Fee for 1 Receiver) .... $39.99
(Includes AT200, Locals, and DVR Fee for 1 Receiver) .... $49.99
(Includes AT250, Locals, and DVR Fee for 1 Receiver) .... $59.99
Add HBO, Cinemax, Sho, Starz, or Playboy for...$10 (each)
Add DishHD ...$20

Stan-
I believe you are correct and I was in error when I said the lease fee was included with the DVR Advantage plan. However, what I was told (we all know how THAT goes:rolleyes:) was that there was a lease charge for the 2nd receiver and that the 1st one was included in the monthly programming amount, which in my case is the DVR Advantage 200. I'm sure I also read that on Dish's site somewhere but I'm too lazy to try and find it again, LOL. I'm leasing a 722 AND a 622:

Dish DVR Advantage.........49.99
Dish Network DVR Service Fee....5.98
Add'l Receiver Access Fee.....5.00
Dish HD with 4 Premium Package....60.00

Total............$120.97

God knows, as screwed up as Dish is MAYBE I'm actually getting a deal by mistake:confused:

Ed Almost forgot to mention that my DVR Advantage does include my locals.

Last edited:
Stan-
I believe you are correct and I was in error when I said the lease fee was included with the DVR Advantage plan. However, what I was told (we all know how THAT goes:rolleyes:) was that there was a lease charge for the 2nd receiver and that the 1st one was included in the monthly programming amount, which in my case is the DVR Advantage 200. I'm sure I also read that on Dish's site somewhere but I'm too lazy to try and find it again, LOL. I'm leasing a 722 AND a 622:

Total............$120.97

God knows, as screwed up as Dish is MAYBE I'm actually getting a deal by mistake:confused:

One thing I've noticed is that Dish's pricing is just screwy & hard to figure out. You can talk to several csr's and get different/conflicting answers while asking the same question. Heckuva way to offer cust service:D

Stan-

Total............$120.97

Old corps, what it be any cheaper or more programming choices is you subscribed to the AEP pack? You'd save the 2nd dvr fee (5.98), I believe and get all the movie channels.

Yes and no, some of the older Dish N it up programs charged a $6 lease fee where the new ones do not!

Dish also said when they changed the rules they where not going back and fixing it on accounts activated before they changed the rules.

On this site, at the top, last "Sticky Note" re. prices and fees"...........

As of August 15, 2007 --

"The fee on the 1st receiver on an account is waived, if 1 receiver is an HD, that will be considered the primary receiver." I'm not a new subscriber, been with Dish almost 10 years. It does appear that I should be paying a $6 lease fee on the 2nd receiver (also HD) instead of the $5 I've been charged. They'll probably charge me $6 @ piece for 'em retroactively next month plus a "incorrect billing charge" plus a "you did not report being undercharged fee" plus.............:rolleyes:

Oh, and Stan---I think it would actually be a couple more bucks for AEP, but you're right, it'd be silly not to do it, BUT........... I was just being totally honest as to what my bill read. I am SUPPOSED to be receiving all four premiums for free for 3 months. I was told I'd receive them gratis as compensation for going through about 3 weeks of hell trying to get an upgrade completed--no shows/no calls, bad installation, hours on the phone, ya-da, ya-da, ya-da. Of course, when I received my bill, sure enough, they'd charged me for 'em:mad:.
The next bill is SUPPOSED to credit me $40 plus I'm still SUPPOSED to receive the premiums for free. I won't hold my breath. I would not subscribe to all 4 premiums, possibly 2.

Ed

Stan-I just realized(I'm old & senile) that I found my info from the same place you found the DVR pkg. prices, BFG's post. Just look down further. Maybe that's SUPPOSED to apply ONLT to subs after 8/15/07????????

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts