Billing question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tsduke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Iowa
Need help with a billing question. I'm looking at my mother's bill and not sure what is correct.

1. She has 1-722 and 1-222. What should her equipment charge be per month?

2. She is still getting charged $10 for HD 250. She has AT&T bundle billing...is that why?

It is a 2 year commit or $99 for free HD.

The receiver prices went way up. If she is using the 222 on only one TV she might consider getting a 211k. It is only $7/month and for a one time $40 fee you can hook up an USB HD to make it a DVR.

I have Dish bundled through Centurylink. I went to Dish online site to sign up for free HD for life. It said paying through a third party..and it named them....is not eligible for Free HD. So I guess I would have to drop the bundle meaning I would lose a $5 discount there and sign up to pay directly to Dish (with 2yr contract extension) to get $10 discount. A lot of trouble especially when Dish and Fx are fighting and dropping channels. I think I will just sit back and wait for a while.

She's gonna jump to Directv. If she's gonna get a new commitment she might as well.

Need help with a billing question. I'm looking at my mother's bill and not sure what is correct.

1. She has 1-722 and 1-222. What should her equipment charge be per month?

2. She is still getting charged $10 for HD 250. She has AT&T bundle billing...is that why?

1. 722 is the primary; so, $0.00 since it is included with the base price.
$14/month for one 222 Duo (2 TV receiver); $6/month for DVR service on the 722.
A second Duo DVR (722) would be $17/month. I believe an extra 922 was said to be around $21/month with a $10 DVR fee; it has been a while so do not quote me on that. I know it is more expensive, though. I actually miss those $5/month credits for having the phone lines hooked up. We have two 222s; therefore, when we first started, the equipment fee was $7/month with the credit. Now it is $14/month. Quite an increase....It takes away the point of saving money with the Duo.

From Dish:

HD For Life is a DISH Network exclusive HD programming upgrade offer! You will receive our HD add-on package at no monthly cost for the life of your DISH Network account. All you have to do is subscribe to a qualifying programming package and choose one of the two options below to get signed up.

Qualifying Package HD Add-On Package
America's Top 120 HD 120
America's Top 120 Plus HD 120
America's Top 200 HD 200
America's Top 250 HD 250
America's Everything Pak HD 250
DishLATINO Dos HD Dos
DishLATINO Max HD Max

How Can I Get HD For Life?

Option 1: 24-Month Commitment with AutoPay and Paperless Billing Agree to a 24-month commitment. If you disconnect your DISH Network service prior to completing your commitment, a cancellation fee of $10 per remaining month of your commitment will be applied. Sign up for and maintain AutoPay on your account. Simplify your life with AutoPay - no checks to write, no late fees, no hassles. To allow a smooth transaction to AutoPay, you will have to zero out any balance on your account when you first sign up.* Sign up for an maintain Paperless Billing on your account With Paperless Billing, you can still view your exact statement online at dish.com/mybill. You will also receive an email reminder each month when your new statement is available.*

Not applicable for One-Time Payment option or customers billed by AT&T, Centurylink, Frontier, lowa Telcom, PACE, TDS, or Windstream.

Option 2: One-Time Non-Refundable $99 HD Upgrade Payment Pay a one-time non-refundable $99 HD upgrade fee to receive HD For Life.

Terms and Conditions

You will receive "HD For Life", which means that the normal $10 monthly HD add-on fee (which permits a DISH subscriber to receive an HD simulcast of standard-definition programming in qualified packages) will be waived until cancellation or disconnection of your DISH service for any reason. In order to get HD for Life, you agree to a 24-month commitment and you agree to maintain AutoPay with Paperless Billing.* If AutoPay with Paperless Billing is removed from your account, you may be charged the full price for HD programming.* The add-on packages provide with HD For Life do not include Paladia and HD Theater. These and other additional HD Channels are available in our HD Platinum package which is not part of this offer. This offer does not include our HD Platinum package. If you disconnect your DISH account and later activate a new account, your HD For Life benefit will not carry over to your new account.

* Not applicable for One-Time Payment option or customers billed by AT&T, Centurylink, Frontier, lowa Telcom, PACE, TDS, or Windstream.

I know someone who was bundled with at&t and had Dish. He unbundled, and he gets free HD ($10.00 off). He did have HD & Platinum before the HD for life campaign. Dish even honored his $5/month bundle credit for two more years. In addition, when the life of the contract was on the My Account part of the Dish site, it said he had one month left on the contract. Therefore, he is out of contract.Unbundling may be worth a try if the same can happen for your mother. I really do hope that this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)