Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So anyone out there watching BingoTV?

(I am sure Rolltide is checking to to watch Ashley) :D

What are your thoughts?

I was....what the heck is with drawing 1 or 2 balls and then pawning pay-per-view?

First game prize is a pay per view coupon?

Eric has kids??

Best line was when the brunette said "Ashley, do you like to play with balls?"

Phil..It wasnt coupons.....it was a PPV coupon (value of 3.99)

I turned it off and am watching Red Green on ExpressVu now...I couldnt tolerate it much more...other than seeing Ashley (and waiting for them to turn the air a little colder) :D

It is kind of hard for me to believe that I am actually paying to have that channel as part of AT50, or AT60, or whatever it is now. I guess they have some bingo playing demographic in mind that they want to attract. Funny thing is that this particular demographic probably likes to eat the early bird specials at 4:30pm, which makes doing a live bingo feed a challenge to do across three time zones because that demographic likes to go to bed early too. I think they should do it at 5:30am, because that demographic gets up early in the morning! Then I wouldn't have to know this show even exists! ;)

jsanders
Its for all Dish subscribers..regardless of level...All I have is Minneapolis locals and FOX and I can see it...

Iceberg said:
jsanders
Its for all Dish subscribers..regardless of level...All I have is Minneapolis locals and FOX and I can see it...

That is exactly my point! Subscribers are paying money for this! :confused:

Phil T said:
Wow they are giving away PPV coupons!

I could only stand 5 minutes of it. New low point for Dish. :(
Yes, I'd have to say its pretty bad. If Dish is intent on making this thing fly, it needs a TOTAL makeover. The pace is WAAAAAAAAYYYYY to slow and there is too much worthless banter trying to "hype the prize" between ball draws. Even the promos on Charlie Chat made this thing look half interesting, but its just dead. I've been to funerals that are more exciting. My suggestion...more prizes..better prizes and FAST PACED ACTION....A bingo game should not last 45 minutes. Even Ashley looked bored trying to get that damn "S" pattern for a Sirruis radio system. Gotta pick up the beat!

shilton said:
Yes, I'd have to say its pretty bad. If Dish is intent on making this thing fly, it needs a TOTAL makeover. The pace is WAAAAAAAAYYYYY to slow and there is too much worthless banter trying to "hype the prize" between ball draws. Even the promos on Charlie Chat made this thing look half interesting, but its just dead. I've been to funerals that are more exciting. My suggestion...more prizes..better prizes and FAST PACED ACTION....A bingo game should not last 45 minutes. Even Ashley looked bored trying to get that damn "S" pattern for a Sirruis radio system. Gotta pick up the beat!

So your saying that Ashley should get naked ?

Used DVRed it and slow it down to watch the numbers at the bottom. That way I only had to watch about 5 Mins to know I did not win the 811 package.

None of you are technically paying for Bingo TV because I heard they are actually paying for carriage? AT LEAST hopefully breaking even because I sure as hell wouldn't fork over a cent for this. I actually tried getting into it, but after about 10 minutes, I gave up. It takes FOREVER, and all it is is an expensive way to advertise Dish Network. Charlie IS supplying his own content with this one, and I thought he said he would never do that??? Well, all I know is that Dish really needs to throw customers a REAL basic channel bone here pretty soon. Customer faith and loyalty are growing thinner and thinner.

I did not think it was that bad. Yes it was kind of slow, but you have to understand they are going to have to stall once it gets later in the game. They don't want to give away more prizes than they have too and you can't blame them for that. I do agree that the S game was too long and they will hopefully work out the time issues. It was their first show. My hopes where up when I was two squares away from the hdtv package.

Last nights show was actually the fourth televised show. The other 3 were available to Beta Testers Only.

They gave better prizes to the Beta testers. I mean come on a FREE PAY PER VIEW movie? Hell I got one free when I was notified my bill was going up.

I saw the first two shows, and last nights show was no improvement.

They didn't give away the HD package with the television included to the beta testers...last week it was 1 game in 2 hours for an 811 receiver. The pattern was a square around the edges. It took FOREVER to finish that game.