BioShock

Haven't played Halo 3 though it is touted as the must have for the xbox 360.. I was up in the air on getting it but with online play I may get it so all of us at work can kill each other over and over.. :)

webby, get both :) if you have to have just one, get halo 3, I think the multiplayer will make the game last ALOT longer then bioshock, plus as others have pointed out we could just kill each other over and over!

Halo 3 will have replayability for years, while BioShock will probably hit the shelf after about a month. But oh what a month...... I agree with stuart... Get both if you can.... Or wait a year and wait for it to drop to $30 and get it then....

Alright guys. Question.

Debating between Halo 3 or BioShock for my teenage son (*ahem*...ok, and myself as well :D ). Opinions...comments...suggestions?

Buy H3 and rent Bioshock. You can finish BioShock in a week and you'll be done. H3 with it's live content is good for at least a year if not longer.

Buy H3 and rent Bioshock. You can finish BioShock in a week and you'll be done. H3 with it's live content is good for at least a year if not longer.

Now THAT's an idea. :)

I have to admit, it's awfully to give my son a hell of a teasing by saying, "BioShock is gonna outsell and just be a better product than Halo 3". Talk about creating fighting words between a teenager and his father. :p

Nah he'll just begin to realize Dad needs a subscription to Game Informer or EGM. Halo will kick butt. I m willing to bet that pre sales outnumber Bio's totals aready. Or at least close.

I'm 41 and I still read Game Informer and XBox magazine (subscribe to both actually)...

I refuse to grow up.... Who's with me????? (Bluto from Animal House - runs out of room)

I'm 41 and I still read Game Informer and XBox magazine (subscribe to both actually)...

I refuse to grow up.... Who's with me????? (Bluto from Animal House - runs out of room)

As you can tell by avatar I am no spring chicken at 49...
I see I match up against you next week for FF. :)

Geezers!!!!! :p

Bob, you have me beaten by a year. I'm 40. I have subs to EGM, GI, & Nintendo Power plus post on most of the major game boards.

I love the reaction I get from the 15-19 year olds when they find out how old I am. They are shocked because I can pwn n00bs in teh l33t speak.

+25 internet respect points for Animal House reference.

As you can tell by avatar I am no spring chicken at 49...
I see I match up against you next week for FF. :)

Well, since Lee Evans is performing slightly worse than Dale Evans would as WR for the Bills (only forty somethings+ will get the reference), I expect you will have an easy time of it. Several other players underperforming as well.... Stupid me didn't analyze the goofy scoring system put in place so it looks like a tough year for my fantasy team....

Glad to see that there are other old time gamers like me still around. Can't get excited about fishing or golfing like I'm supposed to....

I would much rather light slicers on fire with my godlike powers in BioShock (or zap the water with electricity and watch'em crackle)

Geezers!!!!! :p

Bob, you have me beaten by a year. I'm 40. I have subs to EGM, GI, & Nintendo Power plus post on most of the major game boards.

I love the reaction I get from the 15-19 year olds when they find out how old I am. They are shocked because I can pwn n00bs in teh l33t speak.

+25 internet respect points for Animal House reference.

How many do I get if I, the Mets fan, quote a Kevin Bacon line from there.....

"REMAIN CALM! ALL IS WELL!!!" Trample trample trample

I just got this game for PC (I don't have a 360) because of all the reviews. It seems like alot of reviewers have this as the game of the year. I'm not a huge online guy so the lack of online doesn't bother me. Anyone still playing this or playing it on PC?

I just got this game for PC (I don't have a 360) because of all the reviews. It seems like alot of reviewers have this as the game of the year. I'm not a huge online guy so the lack of online doesn't bother me. Anyone still playing this or playing it on PC?
I assume you're referring to Bioshock, though if so yours is the only post on this page that does. :)

I am patient when it comes to games. I will not spend $50 when it first comes out no matter how good it is. When Bioshock, Crysis, COD4, UT3 (or whatever the new UT is called), and a few others drop below $25 I will seriously consider getting them. Each of these has sufficiently impressed me either in my owning of previous versions, or in hearing about how great they are from people who have played them, to know I will own them eventually. But the initial retail price for these things is just too high.

I assume you're referring to Bioshock, though if so yours is the only post on this page that does. :)

I am patient when it comes to games. I will not spend $50 when it first comes out no matter how good it is. When Bioshock, Crysis, COD4, UT3 (or whatever the new UT is called), and a few others drop below $25 I will seriously consider getting them. Each of these has sufficiently impressed me either in my owning of previous versions, or in hearing about how great they are from people who have played them, to know I will own them eventually. But the initial retail price for these things is just too high.

Yes, I am referring to BioShock :) I usually don't spend that much on games either, but that's the beauty of gift certificates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts