Bird dog meter doesn't recognize 101W,110,119 Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

waltnvon

Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
I haven't used my RV directv antenna (round dual lnb) for a while, nor have I used my bird dog meter for two years. I cannot get my bird dog to recognize any signal from 101W, 110 or 119, and am wondering if my bird dog needs a software update because of satellite changes? Could this be my problem??? I've tried a new dish with new LNB and am using 47 deg elevation, 195 deg azimuth from zip 72560. Advice please.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!!

I doubt that it is a software problem. What version of Software is the birdog have now?

This is crazy. I determined my birdog is ok after all, and that although the Directv software says 47 deg elevation, I find the 101W satellite by tipping my dish down to 43 degrees and then aiming at 195 degrees. This happens on two different level platforms. Why would directv and satfinder both say 47 deg elevation and its not there, then I tip down to 43 deg on the dish and find it there?

This is crazy. I determined my birdog is ok after all, and that although the Directv software says 47 deg elevation, I find the 101W satellite by tipping my dish down to 43 degrees and then aiming at 195 degrees. This happens on two different level platforms. Why would directv and satfinder both say 47 deg elevation and its not there, then I tip down to 43 deg on the dish and find it there?

The most likely cause is that the mast is not perfectly plumb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts