Birdog Help

ChicagoTech

Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
I was wondering why you need to go to the 121 setting to tune the 61.5 orbit and why I cant find any signal when looking on the 129 setting. Do I need to set the meter to a different number like the 61.5 when searching for the 129? The 110 and 119 settings/orbits are working just fine. Im at a loss why the 61.5 works the way it does and why the 129 doesn't work at all. Thank you.

Yeah the Birdog has not been Locking on the 129 for some time now. It will show signal but it won't lock. Have not had any issue with the 61.5 though.

Maybe your meter has a problem. Might try updating software to see if that helps it.

I was having the same problem finding 129 with my birdog over the weekend (with a software update that was only a few days old). I updated the software from the website again this morning and the birdog found 129 this evening without a problem.

61.5 not locking

I had the same problem with 61.5 not locking. But, if I went to 121 on the Birdog it would declare a lock.

I received the following email from the technical manager at Birdog. He suggested the following changes:

have had the chance to discuss the 61.5 selection with my colleagues at Perfect-10 who tell me that the Dishnet selection is working fine.

To improve the sensitivity of your meter you may wish to enable the logarithmic mode, here’s how.

While the BirDog is off.

Press and hold the “Off” button (the setup menu will appear)

>Exit

Backlight off

Clicking on

Sleep 6 Mins

Defaults

English

RF Linear

Found

BER Linear

Using the keys as cursor keys we can navigate down to “BER Linear” and change this value to “BER Log” (Logarithmic) using the left or right arrow key once the marker is next to the option we wish to change. Then return to the top of the menu and press the right arrow key to exit back to the off state.

The above operation will hopefully improve things for you.

Best regards

Robert Sydee

Technical Manager

E-mail: rob@horizonhge.com

Web: http://www.horizonhge.com

Horizon Global Electronics Ltd

Unit 1

8 Kinetic Crescent

The London & Office Science Park

Enfield EN3 7XH

United Kingdom

Dish Latino

Connecting TV2 output on 622 to a PC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)