Birdview dish question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mjac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
FL/TN
I have attached two pictures of a 9.5' dish. I would like your comments regarding the small hole located slightly below the lower support rod. There appears to be coax passing thru the hole. Was this dish originally manufactured with this hole or has it been added?
Thanks

Attachments

• 100_1287.jpg
    100_1287.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 162
  • 100_1294.jpg
    100_1294.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 171
All Birdviews have a stock hole.
Not sure if that's where it should be, but it does look original.
edit:
Usually about 2 o'clock, facing the dish, at true south, near the LNB support struts.

One of the other owners with a perf should probably give the final answer.
I'll look through my library of pictures.

However, I've never been certain I've seen any that size.
Did you measure straight across the rim, without letting the tape follow the curve of the dish?

All Birdviews have a stock hole.
Not sure if that's where it should be, but it does look original.

One of the other owners with a perf should probably give the final answer.
I'll look through my library of pictures.

However, I've never been certain I've seen any that size.
Did you measure straight across the rim, without letting the tape follow the curve of the dish?

Thanks.
I haven't personally seen the dish but I might invest in a trip to check it out and or buy it. Which method of measurement should be used to determine the proper size and/or what size would this dish be called?

size matters:

Straight across the dish, all the white solid Birdviews, measure 8½ feet.
That is the only white/solid dish we have documentation for.
Brochure scans were posted last year... I think by Stogie... but I have saved my own copies to use for reference.
The company called that a 9 foot solid. We still call it like we measure it: 8½ ! - :rolleyes:

Then, the brochure goes on to describe what they call 8', 9', and 10' perforated dishes.
Linuxman's black perf, is almost exactly the same 8½, if I remember.
So, the company probably called that 9 foot, too. We call it like we measure it!

If any of the "10 foot" perforated dishes are out there, they likely measure around 9½ feet straight across rim-to-rim.

second look:
Your dish appears to be installed upside down on the mount, relative to all other BV dishes I have pictures for.
That makes absolutely no difference.

My secondary dish is another brand, but looks a little like a perf BV.
It's an honest 8 feet and maybe an inch.
In my sig is a link, and I call it just 8 feet. :)

Hi Mjac,that is the factory hole for the wires.Also the hole is in the same spot on my perf Birdview so I don't think it is upside down. I am going to my house in S.C. next week and am hoping to finish setting mine up.

Thanks Guys.
I am arranging a trip for a look see now and hope to know more in a day or so. Perhaps it will get planted in TN in Nov.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)