Birdview parts & accessories

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am trying to attach a little drawing of what I did to mount the reed sensor. I hope it takes.

First of all, I got the reed sensor from Radio Shack. It had four wires from it, the two on each end were the ones. I cut off the other two short.

Basically I got a one inch by one inch by about a foot of aluminum angle "iron" from local hardware. I mounted it across two of the bolt holes on the heavy brackets that hold in the worm gear. I bent over a one inch flap and drilled a hole through it the size of the bolt going through it.

Going through the "flap" was a 1 and 1/2 inch nylon countersink screw with two nylon nuts, kind of inexpertly depicted in black. the thing holding the reed sensor is a nylon "spacer" that I drilled out so the reed sensor would snap in there snug. I also cut it off lengthwise, leaving a little more than half of the spacer, so the reed sensor would kind of snap in there and hold as I experimented.

I drilled through the center of the spacer as depicted and also usedd a little bit bigger bit to give it a countersink . It wasn't enough and the head stuck into the space where the reed sensor would sit, so I had to grind off the head some, but not so much as to make it not hold. Something I for got to depict is a nylon nut up against the spacer.

With this mount, I could move the reed sensor further away and closer to the magnet wheel. I could twist the spacer to find the best angle. I could twirl the reed sensor in the spacer until I put its best face forward. When I got that done, I tightened up all nylon screws and I crazy glued the reed sensor in place.

It's worked flawlessly for months.

Hope it helps.

Sorry the image is so small. Maybe you can save it and zoom in. I just tried it. I think it might work

Attachments

• reed sensor bracket.jpg
    reed sensor bracket.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 150
Sheese. I come in from a hard day at the Birdview car wash....and what do I find....

Yes, that is the same commercial magnet wheel I have that I bought from Skyvision for my first Birdview.

Stogie now has it. :)

Stogie has to be one of the luckiest guys I know. His dish has the commercial magnet wheel already installed, and the commercial scaler conversion already installed.

All he had to do was set it in concrete and tune it in. :eek:

I'll tell you like my Dad usta tell me, Son, I didn't fall off the turnip truck, I was driving that SOB! ;)

THEN, I find THIS:

Well, where's the fun in that?

That almost sounds like cheating! ;)

Sheese! Two Times! By Guys I consider to be my FRIENDS!

THEN, I find the post that's closest to the truth of the matter:
Well I wouldn't say he cheated, but he got to cut some real fun corners. :eek:

He ain't got it set up and tracking yet. :D

I am NOT looking forward to aiming this puppy. I said at the beginning that it HAD to be easier than the Paraclipse, but now, I don't know.

Better charge up that cellphone, Linuxman. ;)

add me to the birdview parts list :) i hope to score one or two dishes this next year and it would be a valuable source to be able to locate parts ...within house :D

i suspect the ones i have located haven't been retrofitted yet so i will get to take the fun route :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)