Birdview Satellite Dishes Logo's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I never thought it was a particularly imaginative nor wonderful logo.
Looked kinda ... modest.... simplistic, to me...
But, that's what logos are, I guess.

And, if I had one of those dishes, I'd be quite proud of it.
If I'd driven 800 miles to get it, I'd be damned proud to say I owned one.

Maybe we should come up with a better logo... perhaps just enhancing the existing one...?

And regardless, any logo should be designed to fit the black dishes, as well as the white dishes...

.... but who am I to say? I don't think I'll ever even get to see a real Birdview, much less own one.

The idea of two or three cans of spray paint and a couple of stencils still holds my imagination, though. . . :rolleyes:
I'm thinking it'd take just a spritz of each of the colors... whatever they are...

edit: attached a logo I found.
Also, Linuxman has posted a picture of his black perforated dish, with what looks like a white-only outline logo on it.
I'll find the link later if no one else posts it. No point in uploading it again.

Attachments

• BirdViewLogo100_0297.bmp
    890.4 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Birdview Image

I never thought it was a particularly imaginative nor wonderful logo.
Looked kinda ... modest.... simplistic, to me...
But, that's what logos are, I guess.

And, if I had one of those dishes, I'd be quite proud of it.
If I'd driven 800 miles to get it, I'd be damned proud to say I owned one.

Maybe we should come up with a better logo... perhaps just enhancing the existing one...?

And regardless, any logo should be designed to fit the black dishes, as well as the white dishes...

.... but who am I to say? I don't think I'll ever even get to see a real Birdview, much less own one.

The idea of two or three cans of spray paint and a couple of stencils still holds my imagination, though. . . :rolleyes:
I'm thinking it'd take just a spritz of each of the colors... whatever they are...

edit: attached a logo I found.
Also, Linuxman has posted a picture of his black perforated dish, with what looks like a white-only outline logo on it.
I'll find the link later if no one else posts it. No point in uploading it again.
Thanks Anole,
Thats a great image you sent to me. I can work with that. There have been others that I have seen with a yellow haze around the Bird and the Bird was yellow. Also I have seen another logo for Birview where they had something inside of the bird. I couldn't make that out. Yes, I still like your ides of using Stencil and laying down sections of paint to make the logo. It has my creative juices flowing anyway!

Thanks,
Tom

:D

This is the one I like which I posted in another thread.

Just don't have a large picture of it. It is cut from one of the pictures OSU posted.

birdview-solid-logo1.jpg

Unfortunately you probably won't be able to use stencils to create this one. :)

You could use this as a pattern and get someone to touch it with Photoshop and get the correct colors. I will continue to look for a full color ad slick in one of the magazines.

Attachments

• sm066.jpg
    sm066.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 189
use this as a pattern

You could use this as a pattern and get someone to touch it with Photoshop and get the correct colors. I will continue to look for a full color ad slick in one of the magazines.
Thanks ACRadio, I can use that one and like Fred said you the one he sent to match the colors. I don't suppose you have that in a larger (pixel size) image. It easier to work with changing the colors that way then reducing it to a normal size??

Thanks,
Tom

Just don't have a large picture of it. It is cut from one of the pictures OSU posted.

View attachment 25263

You may be in luck, I have to go to Tahlequah this week, so I will go by and see if I can get a better photo of the logo off one the Birdviews over there.

Thanks ACRadio, I can use that one and like Fred said you the one he sent to match the colors. I don't suppose you have that in a larger (pixel size) image. It easier to work with changing the colors that way then reducing it to a normal size??

Thanks,
Tom

Hey ACRadio,
I got it to go to a larger size and I'm working on it now everyone. I will tell you of the progress I'm making with it as I go along with it.
Thanks,
Tom

Oh by the way.... While I was looking for logo's for it I came along a site that had a Birdview on his property. It was the same photo from that lady trying to get me to buy her Birdview!! It was all Bogus! A Lie! Sorry venting here I guess. :( At lease I have one now! :cool:

You may be in luck, I have to go to Tahlequah this week, so I will go by and see if I can get a better photo of the logo off one the Birdviews over there.
Go for it OSU!

The one in your picture has the best complete logo of all your pictures, and the best color.

If you can get a close up of that one again, or one just as complete, that would be great! :)

idea and pix

Here's an alternate thought on applying a logo.
This is particularly interesting if it's just one color, so there is no registration.
Rubber Stamp.

Well, maybe a roller, with the artwork around the circumference.
Perhaps a 5 gallon bucket? :cool:
Didn't say it was a great idea, nor well thought out, but still it's food for thought.

Probably a better idea if you had multiple dishes to mark, and if you were wanting to do both front and back.
There is even a possibility of shipping a big roller stamp around for everyone to use.

Registration of several colors would still be possible.

I still favor the stencil or a decal, but we need to explore all sorts of ideas.
Never know what we'll come up with. - :up

I realize we've moved onto the more colorful logos, but here are some pix of the basic outline logos:

from thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-...21988-solid-birdview-dish-my-near-future.html

Posted by: djkurious -
Black perf dish with white outline logo:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=21782&d=1201791445
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=21784&d=1201791445

white logo on back of black dish:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=21786&d=1201791445

posted by Linuxman -
white logo on black perf dish
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=22388&d=1204369817

logo on name plate -
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=22436&d=1204570675

outline logo on motor:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=22451&d=1204571398

white outline logo on black perf dish
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=23124&d=1206291632
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=23132&d=1206291632

my neigbor threw away a nice birdview, i didnt want it, due to the fact i didnt yet know wha it was good for.

I'm re-doing the graphic artwork for the Birdview logo

Hello everyone,
I'm re-doing the graphic artwork of the orange Birdview logo and changing the colors to match the logo that Fred - LinuxMan sent in. I do have a question in regards to the graphic's on the Orange Bird, I say that one because its easier to view the logo work that is inside of the bird itself.

Did they use that logo for the solid the whole time that they were in business? From what I can see of the bird and the graphic that is inside the bird, it looks like a satellite that was out there in space and a satellite dish behind where the tail is. Does anybody here know what the significance is behind this work? Maybe someone here knows what particular satellite they were trying to put on their Birdview Logo?

I have seen the Birdview logo with just the bird and name alone without seeing the extra graphic artwork. This you will see on the perforated dishes. Is there interest in having this logo restored too?

Thanks,
Tom

Is there interest in having this logo restored too?
Nah!

If you can just reproduce the nice looking colored logo with the graphic artwork inside, that would be great.

As long as it's a Birdview dish, it won't make any difference to me whether it was the same one that came on it. :)

Close up or larger image file?

View attachment 25263

Fred,
Is there any possible way that you can get a close up or a larger size on this image for me?
Thanks,
Tom
:)

Probably the best thing to do is wait until OSU gets back from Tahlequah OK this week.

He said he would try and get some close up shots of the logo picture above.

It's not like this project has to be completed tomorrow. :)

some laughs; some serious

I was on the phone laughing with Fred this afternoon, and told him this -
-If I ever get a 6' Prodelin solid, I might have to put the birdview logo on it.
-But maybe rename it: MicroBirdView, or MicroBird.
-Perhaps turn the bird around so it's flying left instead of right.
I know this group would have a good laugh over that, even if nobody else did. :D

That's when he asked if I wouldn't prefer a lizard logo.
... and I really would.
So, I'll be looking forward to seeing how this logo-project works out.

See that reptile pix in my avatar?
I'd like to spread that fully across the dish.
Three, four, five, even six feet long would suit me just fine. :eek:
I have two 3' dishes now; one white and one dark grey.
Maybe get some practice, eh?

Stencil Implementation:
If we come up with any ideas that use a printer, I have an HP that'll do B-sized paper.
That's 11x17. At print shops they have 3' or 4' wide printers, for those really big projects. :rolleyes:
Reason I mention size, is 'cause I was thinking of maybe printing just an outline on sticky-backed plastic sheet.
Oops, sorry, I was thinking of my 6' long lizard; for a Birdview logo, 8x11 would suffice.
Then, you cut out the design on your work bench with an x-acto knife...
... peel it off, stick it to the dish, and use it as a mask for spray painting.
That is the actual implementation of the stencil idea.
And I'm thinking maybe as many as three stencils , one for each color used.
The trick, would be to figure some way where it could be peeled off the dish intact, and used again (at least as an option).

last word:
Ya know, two Birdview logos slightly overlapped, and flying in close formation would be pretty hot for your dishes...

I was on the phone laughing with Fred this afternoon, and told him this -
-If I ever get a 6' Prodelin solid, I might have to put the birdview logo on it.
-But maybe rename it: MicroBirdView, or MicroBird.
-Perhaps turn the bird around so it's flying left instead of right.
I know this group would have a good laugh over that, even if nobody else did. :D

That's when he asked if I wouldn't prefer a lizard logo.
... and I really would.
So, I'll be looking forward to seeing how this logo-project works out.

See that reptile pix in my avatar?
I'd like to spread that fully across the dish.
Three, four, five, even six feet long would suit me just fine. :eek:
I have two 3' dishes now; one white and one dark grey.
Maybe get some practice, eh?

Stencil Implementation:
If we come up with any ideas that use a printer, I have an HP that'll do B-sized paper.
That's 11x17. At print shops they have 3' or 4' wide printers, for those really big projects. :rolleyes:
Reason I mention size, is 'cause I was thinking of maybe printing just an outline on sticky-backed plastic sheet.
Oops, sorry, I was thinking of my 6' long lizard; for a Birdview logo, 8x11 would suffice.
Then, you cut out the design on your work bench with an x-acto knife...
... peel it off, stick it to the dish, and use it as a mask for spray painting.
That is the actual implementation of the stencil idea.
And I'm thinking maybe as many as three stencils , one for each color used.
The trick, would be to figure some way where it could be peeled off the dish intact, and used again (at least as an option).

last word:
Ya know, two Birdview logos slightly overlapped, and flying in close formation would be pretty hot for your dishes...

And I thought I had too much time on MY hands...:D:D:D:D:D:D;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)