Birdview Satellite Dishes Logo's

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I will have some very good pictures of the logo's and some other interesting news on this later when I can get to my computer, instead of my phone.

I have attached the logo's from several Birdview dishes that I stumbled upon a year or so ago. I visited with the owner briefly today, a former Birdview dealer and besides the two in his yard I have posted previously, there is a perforated birdview laying on the ground along with another dish. Being the aficionado that he is, I have pm'ed Linuxman the contact info for following up. He is no doubt a better horse trader than myself as the owner didn't seem interested in getting rid of them, when I broached the subject, even though they are not being used currently. I know where 2 other solids and another perforated are and will continue following up on them as they are closer to my normal work areas. The logos are from the dish front and the motor housing and back of the mount. I also took one of the trailer that has the dish mounted that was used for shows and pre-sales calls.

Attachments

• DSC07471.JPG
    DSC07471.JPG
    538.5 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC07477.JPG
    DSC07477.JPG
    582.8 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC07480.JPG
    DSC07480.JPG
    711.9 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC07479.JPG
    DSC07479.JPG
    595.2 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC07478.JPG
    DSC07478.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC07474.JPG
    DSC07474.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC07473.JPG
    DSC07473.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC07469.JPG
    DSC07469.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC07468.JPG
    DSC07468.JPG
    436.5 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC07467.JPG
    DSC07467.JPG
    349.8 KB · Views: 171
Here are the last few shots I took today, I didn't get a picture of it but I think the mount and parts for the perforated were on the ground to the right of the photo of that other misc mesh dish.

Attachments

• DSC07472.JPG
    DSC07472.JPG
    758 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC07475.JPG
    DSC07475.JPG
    620.6 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC07476.JPG
    DSC07476.JPG
    645.5 KB · Views: 176
Great shots of the Birdview logo....... OSU

I touched up the logo a little , not perfect but decent.

Attachments

• OSU Birdview touch up.JPG
    OSU Birdview touch up.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 195
well it wont let me up load the pictures i worked on, it keeps closing the collection, i will try again later, its a good start for anyone who really wants to recreate it. if it doesnt work later i will upload a 300 DPI version to my site and link it.

Image Update

I have attached the logo's from several Birdview dishes that I stumbled upon a year or so ago. I visited with the owner briefly today, a former Birdview dealer and besides the two in his yard I have posted previously, there is a perforated birdview laying on the ground along with another dish. Being the aficionado that he is, I have pm'ed Linuxman the contact info for following up. He is no doubt a better horse trader than myself as the owner didn't seem interested in getting rid of them, when I broached the subject, even though they are not being used currently. I know where 2 other solids and another perforated are and will continue following up on them as they are closer to my normal work areas. The logos are from the dish front and the motor housing and back of the mount. I also took one of the trailer that has the dish mounted that was used for shows and pre-sales calls.
Hello and Thanks osu1991,
Thanks for the great photo's. I'm using what you sent in and making the new graphic art work from your photos. Right now I would say that I'm at an 80% on finishing this project. Working on the letters, bird and the satellite imagery on the logo and making sure all fits in correctly. Which at times can be somewhat tedious from working with the best of several photos and making them all fit to the same size and to be at the same position. Once that is done the colors all have to come together. All of these processes are being accomplish and the new logo is coming together. I know someone said and I forgot who, “It doesn’t have to be perfect because it’s going to be on the dish and people will never see it”. I believe those were the words or its real close. I just have to say if I’m doing the work and it has my name associated with the new artwork it has to be the very best I can do. Or I won’t do it at all. I’m sure in your own perspective of work you wouldn’t want to be thought of as doing dreadful and inexcusable work. That’s just how I feel, I want it to be the very best for all of you and I can look at it and feel good about it. The good part is, it’s almost finished! I will let you all know at soon as it is complete.

Thanks,
Tom
:D

That was me, Tom.
But now that you show your dedication, we'll accept nothing less than the best! :D

. . . and I didn't mean quarter-inch gashes in the artwork would be okay, just that every pixel didn't need to be perfect , since you probably couldn't get within 8+ feet of the dish anyway...

I got some experience with the Switches Simplified thread a while back.
Needed a picture of an LNB, but not its background.
I made a decent effort at pixel trimming, while zoomed alll the way in.
It wasn't pretty at close look. But pasted into the final picture and printed, it was beautiful.
All depends on how close you can get to the image.

Leaping Lizards

That was me, Tom.
But now that you show your dedication, we'll accept nothing less than the best! :D

. . . and I didn't mean quarter-inch gashes in the artwork would be okay, just that every pixel didn't need to be perfect , since you probably couldn't get within 8+ feet of the dish anyway...

I got some experience with the Switches Simplified thread a while back.
Needed a picture of an LNB, but not its background.
I made a decent effort at pixel trimming, while zoomed alll the way in.
It wasn't pretty at close look. But pasted into the final picture and printed, it was beautiful.
All depends on how close you can get to the image.
Thanks Anole. Thats just me and what I do in graphic design. If it's worth doing then it's worth doing the very best! Maybe when I'm done I will design you a logo with a Lizard. Maybe a lizard with wings? I think that there are some kind of lizards if I remember shown before, real or science fiction? We could call it "Leaping Lizards" , what ya think??:p

BACK TO WORK!

Thanks,
Tom

:D

BTW, I found and got a new (old) fiberglass dish. Its on the thread "
Adventures in Dish Hunting 2008". Its a four section dish. Not sure if I should put it up or just trash it? More about it on that thread, would like to hear your opinion!

We're Back and we have Birdviews!

Sorry for the long-time-no-visit, but Life overcomes Hobbies, and we've been thru a bit of that in the last year. But, we're back and We Have Birdviews. We bought out the last of the Spoons when the company fell apart; bought up a few white round systems which we sold new to customers in this area, as well. We have motorized mount systems, we have Armstrong Method of Rotation Systems, have a few parts, and WE HAVE DECALS. Original, white, factory-pristine polyester (or plastic?) screen-printed decals.

Would consider selling just one. OR you can drive up Hwy #395 to beautiful downtown Ridgecrest, California 93555 to do an eyeball and drooly session of our stuff.

Contact me separately at gloria@ridgenet.net to discuss other details, since we do not sell in the discussion threads.

A life without a Birdview is like a day without. . .SMOKE from all these fires! YIKES!!

Peter & Gloria Longo

we would love to see some pictures of them (dishes) :) maybe in its own thread i bet they look great :)

HaveBirdviews said:
OR you can drive up Hwy #395 to beautiful downtown Ridgecrest, California 93555 to do an eyeball and drooly session of our stuff.

i know i would love to drive by and see them but can't get to the west coast until later this year or next year so photos would have to do for now :)

HaveBirdviews said:
since we do not sell in the discussion threads.
good cause they probably would frown on pricing things or selling them here but there is a classified area if you become a pub member you can list all the info.... but we still love to discus and save Birdviews :)

and its great to have you back in the group :) we hate to lose anyone :)

I have a Birdview Model: MM-20/20; S/N: 64501 I purchased new in the early 80's. The logo on the dish is completly faded out however, the logo on the back of the unit (always in the shade) is in excellent shape. I can take a high resolution digital photo of it if this is what you are looking for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)