birdview survives a fire!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yes the dish is no good any more but the H/H mount is, and because birdview made some dishs with a fixed mount that the H/H mount can be used on. That makes it worth going after.

Yep, the mount alone is definitely worth getting, scalar and feed support arms (if available) would be handy also for BV parts collectors. :)

me, too:

Yea, that dish -is- toast. May it rest in piece(es). :(

LoneWolf 'n PhlatWound said it all.
Horizon-to-Horizon C-band mounts don't grow on trees, so ignoring this one would be plain stoooopid! - :D
BV mounts are built like a tank. Any dish would be proud to be motored across the sky by this husky!

Whats the difference in performance of the mesh and the solid aluminum?
Besides windload, none AFAIK, but Linuxman would be the final say on the subject. After about 70mph, the wind load debate becomes a moot point.
BTW the Birdview is better described as perforated rather than mesh design. I may have compressed the pics a bit too much to tell, but in pic 2 you can see the base material is ~6-8 ga (alum, possibly alloyed) that has been machine perforated before being formed.
As for Ku service, I have no personal data on the subject but I am told they perform equally well at that freq range.
Linuxman and Anole are the best sources for Birdview data and specs.

I was aware that all dishes might as well be solid at about 65 MPH or so.....I assumed there might be some performance differences in the 2 materials through.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)