Bitten on Syfy

I set a timer for it. I hope it is more than just another werewolf series. I really like MTV's Teen Wolf, it is very different.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to set one. I thought this would premiere in Canada first before Syfy aired it. Looks like Space and Syfy are airing it concurrently.

Don't know how much I'm interested in another werewolf series (Teen Wolf, Being Human), but Lisa from "V"? Hello! That it's from Canada doesn't hurt either. I love Continuum.

Teen Wolf and Being Human show that it is possible to have werewolf shows that can be more than just about werewolves, which is why I like both series. If this one can go in its own direction and be original, it could be a good series.

Well the premiere seemed to go rather slowly, but not slow enough to completely tune me out. The upcoming previews for the season make me much more excited to watch more than just the preview did. The concept that someone is turning serial killers into werewolves to stir up problems is very interesting, and a new angle to me.

Starting to get a bit more interesting with this week's episode. Anyone else still with this after a slowish start to the first few episodes?

'Bitten' Renewed for Second Season at Syfy

The NBCUniversal-ownedcable network has ordered another 10 episodes of the supernatural thriller that stars Laura Vandervoort (Smallville) as Elena Michaels, the lone female werewolf in existence.

The second season will unspool on Syfy -- and Bell Media's Space network in Canada after its own renewal last week -- in 2015.

Entertainment One Television International, which is handling worldwide sales of Bitten, secured the renewal deal with Syfy.

Bitten is a fast-paced and edgy series which has found a growing and passionate fan base on our channel. We’re delighted to bring the series back to Syfy next year," said Chris Regina, senior vp programming at Syfy, in a statement Friday.

The Canadian drama averaged 1.1 million total viewers, based on live-plus-7 data, during its rookie season run on Syfy.

Bitten follows Elena as she attempts to escape a world she never wanted to be part of (as well as the man who turned her into a werewolf), abandoning her pack and taking refuge in a new city, where she works as a photographer and hides her werewolf existence from her boyfriend.

When bodies begin turning up in her pack's backyard, she finds herself back at Stonehaven, the werewolves' ancestral domain, where she will stop at nothing to defend her pack.

Bitten co-stars Greg Bryk, Greyston Holt and Michael Xavier, and is produced by No Equal Entertainment, Hoodwink Entertainment and Entertainment One, in association with Space and Bell Media.

The drama joins Syfy’s stable of foreign and domestic acquisitions that includes Lost Girl, Continuum, the upcoming Spartacus and The Almighty Johnsons.

Syfy also has co-productions in Z-Nation, with The Asylum, to air in fall 2014, and Olympus, co-produced with Reunion Pictures and Great Point Media, ahead of a 2015 debut.

Bitten is executive produced by J.B. Sugar for No Equal Entertainment, John Barbisan and Patrick Banister for Hoodwink Entertainment, and Tecca Crosby, John Morayniss and Margaret O’Brien for Entertainment One.

Daegan Fryklind (Motive, The Listener) is the showrunner.

hollywoodreporter.com

I liked the series. There are not really many stories of werewolf packs outside of vampire centric references. I will watch the second season.

I ended up deleting the timer after the fifth or sixth episode. I just stopped caring about the characters and main plotlines for some reason, but now that it's on NF streaming, maybe I'll see how the rest of it played out this summer when there's nothing else on.

I also liked the show and am glad it's coming back. Bitten,Continuum & Played are 3 top notch Canadian shows.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)