Bizarre problem with Fox Sports South - carolinas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KurtNC

Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
This one has me going crazy.

I live just outside of Raleigh NC and want to see the Hurricanes games on TV when they are on the road or when I cannot go to the game.

I am having the following problem: I am not receiving games of the Carolina Hurricanes, which are shown on Fox Sports South (Carolina). My zip code is 27519. I also subscribe to the Multi-Sports Pack. I am not getting these Hurricanes games for some reason (because I am getting the main FSS feed and not the one designated for North Carolina?). The games should be on channel 420 but they are not. It appears I am getting the main FSS feed rather than the one that should be playing in North Carolina.

Interestingly, I can be the game replays (at 3:00 am the next day) but the live feed is not available to me. When I go to the channel listings on the Dish Network site and enter my zip, it doesn't even show the game but the game does appear in the national programming guides. I have contacted the Hurricanes organization as there is no local blackout in place. My neighbors are getting the games on their standard cable package just fine.

Worse still, I get the Center Ice package but the Hurricanes games are blacked out because they think I should be getting these games on channel 420. So I cannot get the feed from the opposing teams either. And I cannot get the games on the other Fox Sports channels because the live feeds are blacked out except on local carriers.

If anyone has a solution, please let me know. It's frustrating that I pay over $200 a season just on extra programming to catch hockey games (between Center Ice and Multi Sports) and I cannot get the games that my neighbors can watch on their standard cable package.

The reps have been useless (phone and chat) on this issue. I have sent an email to the ceo address and am awaiting a response.

I did find an interesting concept.
The viewing area of FSS includes Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. The feed is often broken down into several sub-regional feeds for the purposes of adhering to the "home turf" rules belonging to the region's professional sports franchises (i.e., Memphis Grizzlies games and Nashville Predators games are only seen in Tennessee, most of Kentucky, northern Mississippi, and northern Alabama, while Charlotte Bobcats and Carolina Hurricanes games are only seen in the Carolinas. Neither are seen in the remaining portions of FSN South's coverage area). (Predators games occasionally re-air in North Carolina).

Is it possible that I am getting the wrong regional feed?

Thanks in advance.

They show the Hurricanes games on the ALT sports channels. Like last night's game against the Ducks was on channel 444. Check from 444 to 450 (they might go higher) and the game will be there. Go Canes!

OK, I will take a look and thanks so much for responding. Reps have no idea and when I did a search in the programming guide, nothing shows but that's probably because it's an upper level channel. Nothing shows in the tv listings on the Dish Site online (sorry I cannot check my guide on the TV since I am at work right now). Is that typical that it's just not listed but the feed is there?

Again, thanks greatly.

The game will be listed but only on the channel(s) I was talking about (444-)..The main feed is channel 420 but for some reason they don't show the Hurricanes games on there. I might of seen 1 or 2 Hurricanes games on channel 420 since I've had Dish, which has been about 3 years.

I think the Canes-Pens game on Thursday is broadcast on channel 444, but will not always be that channel if other games are on that paticular night. The game is also being broadcast in HD, which will be the same channel (if you subscribe to HD)...

The game will be listed but only on the channel(s) I was talking about (444-)..The main feed is channel 420 but for some reason they don't show the Hurricanes games on there. I might of seen 1 or 2 Hurricanes games on channel 420 since I've had Dish, which has been about 3 years.

I think the Canes-Pens game on Thursday is broadcast on channel 444, but will not always be that channel if other games are on that paticular night. The game is also being broadcast in HD, which will be the same channel (if you subscribe to HD)...

Strange why they do it that way but as long as I get the games, that's fine. I must have talked to 5 or 6 different reps (via phone and chat) and no one had any idea about this). So glad that you guys are on top of it :up

Oh, and go Canes (although I must profess that my #1 team is the Red Wings with the Canes being my #2 and favorite Eastern Conference Team)!

Man that is against the law! No problem, glad I could help! :D

I was born and raised in Michigan and just moved down here 2 years ago. I love the Canes (partial season ticket holder) but I am not sure I will ever give up my Wings fan card. I had a blast at the game last week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)