Black and white picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.

inquisitive1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
I have an r15 300. I had my LCD TV on last night and it worked fine. When I turned it on this afternoon, I saw a brief glimpse of color before it went to black and white. If I turned on the VCR/DVD player, the color stayed in black and white until I switched it to DVD mode. Then I got color, although every now and then I lost it. (I use the same DTV connection and split it, so one line is going to another TV. That TV still had a color picture no matter if the VCR was on/off or in VCR/DVD mode.) I checked all the cables; those were fine. Tonight, for one last shot at fixing this problem, I reset my DVR just in case. After doing that, I now have the color picture back.

Is this a DTV DVR problem or a problem with my TV?

I have an r15 300. I had my LCD TV on last night and it worked fine. When I turned it on this afternoon, I saw a brief glimpse of color before it went to black and white. If I turned on the VCR/DVD player, the color stayed in black and white until I switched it to DVD mode. Then I got color, although every now and then I lost it. (I use the same DTV connection and split it, so one line is going to another TV. That TV still had a color picture no matter if the VCR was on/off or in VCR/DVD mode.) I checked all the cables; those were fine. Tonight, for one last shot at fixing this problem, I reset my DVR just in case. After doing that, I now have the color picture back.

Is this a DTV DVR problem or a problem with my TV?

Nothing I have ever heard about.
Keep an eye on it, maybe it was a fluke, maybe not, but thats the first time I've seen that.
The first thing D* reccomends is to do a reboot as that normally fixes issues , rememmber these are nothing more than a computer delivering your video/ audio signal.

Jimbo

So far I still have a color picture. We'll see how long it lasts!

However, I just noticed that the time on my DVR is not correct again. This is getting annoying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

3lnb or 5lnb dish

Networking HR20

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)