black bars on FX?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

walendvay

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I recently switched from D* to E* and I experience verticle black bars on the sides of the picture on the FX channel. These weren't there with D*. They seem to be exacerbated when I used normal mode vs gray bar mode. They are still there in grey bar mode. They disappear during ZOOM mode.

Any plans for E* to fix this?

What receiver do you have ?? Also try the "Format" button and I useally keep mine set on "HD Normal".

Last edited:
Poke said:
What receiver do you have ?? Also try the "Format" button and I useally keep mine set on "HD Normal".

622. I have mine set to HD Normal. I am viewing my pic on a Toshiba rear projection CRT via my HDMI output/input.

Only FX has these bars. I'll take a pic and email it out shortly.

FX is an SD channel a setting of HD Normal will have black bars on the side because the station is SD

BFG said:
FX is an SD channel a setting of HD Normal will have black bars on the side because the station is SD

yes, I understand a 4x3 image will have black bars. however, on FX I am seeing additional distortion type bars that are part of the 4x3 image. Again, I'll take a pic and send it out.

I am surprised that I am the only one that sees this issue?

Yeah I might have mine set to HD Zoom I will half to look. Did you try the "Format Button"?? Also just for kicks you might to a component video cable see if that make any diffrence instead of HDMI. If you can take a picture so we can see also.

I've seen that on my 942 as well. I think it has something to do with the signal. It was like that for the last 2 Busch races.

Ive noticed it on mine, however on mine they are not black but dark grey. Apparently they have been there for quite a while too... on my regular tv i cannot see them because they are outside the safe area, but on my plasma with my 622 I can see them and I recently watched a dvd I dumped from my 510 and they are there too... Only channel I see this on is FX... it can be annoying at times

walendvay said:
yea, they may be dark gray. I am color blind. :-(

Some units have black bars, some have gray, and some have the ability to select between either one, so your sight might be just fine :)

Gray btw is the preferred choice, since is said that it reduces the effects of burn-in, since gray possesses less contrast than black. that is, if burn-in is even an issue with the particular display in use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)