Black lines on top of picture??

MohaimenK

Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
I have a 622 ans during some parts, I will see a thin white line on top of the channel. Not all the time, but mostly when it's black bars on top. It comes and goes. Anyone else have this issue? I have it hooked up via HDMI to my TV. Not sure if this is the actual DVR issue or what?

Another example: Watching FX - S.W.A.T. and durint their "DVD Extra" it shows the white line above the black bars but in the actual movie, the white line isn't there. :confused:

And the line is not constant but broken....

(since no one else has replied...) the problem you describe will happen with some SD channels. some HD channels (some NBC shows do) have solid white lines around the top and left outer edges also. has something to do with overscan or something like that (i forget all the technical info about it, sorry). your HDTV (not the DVR) should have a zoom mode that will cut off the very outer edges of the screen to get rid of this type of stuff (mine does).

I've noticed the issue too, especially on A&E HD. I have a Sharp Aquos and it is in Dot by Dot view mode. The options are: Stretch, Dot by Dot, S.Stretch, and Zoom. I'll have to look at the manual again, but I wanted a view mode that wouldn't distort or stretch shows that actually are in HD. I'll have to try toggling the view mode next time I see the white lines.

I have a Sharp Aquos (LC-45GD4U) that sometimes shows the thin white line at the top and/or side. I make it go away by "adjusting " the picture a few pixels with the "Up/down/left/right" circle on the Aquos remote. Works with HDMI or Component inputs on my set. It is in dot by dot mode. In my manual it's described as"Moving the picture" under "Useful adjustment settings"

JohnW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts