Black News Channel

streaming those international channels
Do you need an app for this? Are these channels shown in Guide? Do you need to purchase it as a package? A lot of questions to keep you busy, Crodrules!
rolling eyes giphy.gif

But it is a service being provided to you by dish because of your Dish service.

I hope I don’t let a cat out of the bag but expect to see a lot more niche and foreign channels on DISH only offered via streaming.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Didn't dish have a international streaming service already?

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Do you need an app for this? Are these channels shown in Guide? Do you need to purchase it as a package? A lot of questions to keep you busy, Crodrules! View attachment 151117
You need an internet-connected Hopper or Wally. The channels are in the guide, on collapsible channels starting in the 600 range. The streaming channels will clearly say STREAM in green, where it normally indicates HD or SD for satellite channels. Most of these channels are in separate add-on international packages, but a few are included in the $15 International Basic core package. (There are probably some in the Chinese Basic core package also, but I never subscribed to Chinese Basic.) You would only see the channels that are actually included in your subscription in the guide. Otherwise, they are hidden to non-subscribers.

Reactions: sktrus and TheKrell
You need an internet-connected Hopper or Wally. The channels are in the guide, on collapsible channels starting in the 600 range. The streaming channels will clearly say STREAM in green, where it normally indicates HD or SD for satellite channels. Most of these channels are in separate add-on international packages, but a few are included in the $15 International Basic core package. (There are probably some in the Chinese Basic core package also, but I never subscribed to Chinese Basic.) You would only see the channels that are actually included in your subscription in the guide. Otherwise, they are hidden to non-subscribers.
I remember the olden days when internationals were on 61.5..i liked the free previews

I remember the olden days when internationals were on 61.5..i liked the free previews
They still do that occasionally. It just requires the 118 satellite now. There is one channel in particular that is always free (for about a year now anyway): TVPI channel 9893. I miss the free news segments that used to air on TV Japan before Dish dropped that channel completely.

Reactions: Foxbat
I remember the Classic Arts Showcase on 61.5
I never realized that Classic Arts Showcase wasn't still on Dish. Why? I never watched it because of their idiotic intentional decision to not publish a schedule.

Satellite space is limited. Why use up valuable space for a channel that is not heavily watched, yet still offer a HD feed to those who have setups that can access it by streaming it.

I wish DISH would do this a lot more for stations like BBC World News, TV Land and some others.

Its a win win all around.

I wish Dish would give the option to list Locast channels in the guide as streaming channels…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Dish would give the option to list Locast channels in the guide as streaming channels…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would settle for just a single channel in the guide that would provide a link to launch the Locast app. Other apps have their own dedicated guide shortcut channels (Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Gallery, etc.) so why not Locast?

Reactions: TheKrell and syphix
I never realized that Classic Arts Showcase wasn't still on Dish. Why? I never watched it because of their idiotic intentional decision to not publish a schedule.

Yeah I went and looked for it the other day too and noticed it was gone. It could have been gone for years for all I know.

But I thought Dish was required to carry so much public interest channels and now it seems dish has hardly none. Did that rule change?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: TheKrell
Or somebody outbid them
Yeah, that's what happened to TV Japan years ago. That's when this Family Gekijyo channel was launched on Dish as a replacement. Now that channel is also gone. So, I guess this month's Dish Scape is Dish's poor attempt at offering some kind of "replacement" Japanese channel.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)