Black out for regular programs on Ch 80

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
When did they start doing this? I noticed that I am being blacked out for 2 shows on CH 80, CBS that started at 6pm. Never saw this before. I don't watch the shows in question, but its the principal. I am paying to get the channel and have a wavier! Anyone else see the same thing?

Lem52

Well the Cookeville, TN zips show in the Nashville DMA. From 6p-7p is their local news on CBS while CBS-HDEast on 80 is showing Hollywood Squares and ET from 6p-7p. Did the blackout go away at 7pm? Wonder if the local news has anything to do with it?

Its still blacked out and my wife has gone thru 1 CSR and is waiting on a supervisor. Meanwhile I am doing a burn. None of the other CBS or FOX are out.

I was able to watch Navy CIS last week in HD and it wasn't blacked out.

Lem52

I called D* and here's what looks like is happening. WCBS in NYC has a Yankee's baseball game on now, check channel 380. The WCBS-DT channel 80 EPG shows regular CBS programming, but we're being 'blacked out' because 380 has baseball. The CSR said that it's a problem on their end and is escalating to management but don't count on it being fixed tonight. Sorry - RAD

that would be the answer if a MLB or NFL game is on; because the sat companies would be bound by the leagues blackout rules regardless of any network waivers.. is this game a reshed because of the hurricane? because i looked at an online tv guide (zap2it.com) to get my previous results and it didnt show the baseball game.

Its strange that the csr couldn't understand what was going on while she was talking to my wife then she transfered my wife to a supervisor who never showed up. She eventually got disconnected. I will bet they black me for the football games too! Thats the kind of luck that I have.

Lem52

Just understand the CSRs are not satellite people, they are hired to answer phones and maybe deal with 1st level issues that they can locate on a company provided flip-file script. Past that they usually have zero knowlegde of how things work. In many cases the people you call do not even work for the company, they are 3rd party CSRs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)