Black Screen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hawkridge

Original poster
Feb 20, 2005
Last night, with a few local channels as exceptions, every channel was completely black, minus the DTV baner. Had to reboot and everything was fine. Is this going to be an ongoing problem?

Last night, with a few local channels as exceptions, every channel was completely black, minus the DTV baner. Had to reboot and everything was fine. Is this going to be an ongoing problem?

This had NOT been a problem since the 115 update, most have not had any or very few problems since the 11B update.
I too had the same problem last night when I got home, it's the first problem I've had since 115 and the first time I have had any trouble with 11B, I reset and all is well.
Hopefully it's a fluke thing.
If D* sees more reports of this happening, I am sure they will address it.

I haven't heard about any more updates, at least of late.

Jimbo

After the new software was downloaded (120) did you do a re-boot after D* forced a reboot? I've found that when new software comes down if I do a second reboot, it usually minimizes the problems that I've seen.

After the new software was downloaded (120) did you do a re-boot after D* forced a reboot? I've found that when new software comes down if I do a second reboot, it usually minimizes the problems that I've seen.

I agree with this assesment ...
When mine did it, I had not done a second reboot yet, then I did a reboot and it has been fine since then

Jimbo

Reboot after an upgrade is not spelled out, but it should be done. Similar to installing software on your computer, often its requires a reboot to clear temp files etc. (Just a thought)

I agree with this assesment ...
When mine did it, I had not done a second reboot yet, then I did a reboot and it has been fine since then

Jimbo

In fact, I;ve decided to re-boot my HR-20 once a month whether it needs it or not. Just seems that since it's basically a computer, flushing it out, just as I do my desktop couldn't hurt... as long as I do it on a Saturday morning or Friday night, and give the guide enough time to re-populate.:eureka

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts