Blackberry PlayBook .. Look out Ipad

This is 100% better than the current iPad. Rumors are out that in December to January their will be a new iPad with face time and the retina screen.

It could be good competition for the iPad but I do not think it will kill the iPad in any way. It is Q1 with international in Q2. 5 months probably until release. This will give Apple a lot of time to respond.

I do hope it spurs Apple to upgrade faster. I do not own an iPad, but I am waiting to see what gen 2 has. I love how they stress that they have full web experience with "flash". I hope it forces Apple's hand to introduce flash, at least on the iPad where power is not as important as the iPhone.

mike123abc said:
It could be good competition for the iPad but I do not think it will kill the iPad in any way. It is Q1 with international in Q2. 5 months probably until release. This will give Apple a lot of time to respond.

I do hope it spurs Apple to upgrade faster. I do not own an iPad, but I am waiting to see what gen 2 has. I love how they stress that they have full web experience with "flash". I hope it forces Apple's hand to introduce flash, at least on the iPad where power is not as important as the iPhone.

Check out the Mac rumor site they have stated that the next gem iPad will be out in the December to February time frame.

BB looks good but it still is not the ipad which has huge sales, much better than expected. But I welcome all competitive pad's because, like MIke said it will spur Apple to compete on some features.

Interestingly, I note that back in the early days one of the biggest complaints about the ipad was it had no camera. Yet, today, I hear nothing about it except for a few android announcements which you can't buy, and not even Apple ipad users complaining it is missing anymore.

I agree that to make the ipad really good we need:
1. Multitasking ( soon to come on 4.2)
2. Flash ( everyone wants this except Steve Jobs)
3. A CDMA version to subscribe to Verizon or Sprint.
4. Printer output ( coming in 4.2 )

So, if competition offers #'s 2 & 3 they will be able to offer what ipad doesn't assuming all other features are the same.

BTW- anyone know what apps will run on this BB pad?

Last edited:
For #2, Flash - well it would be nice IF there actually was a good version of Flash for mobile. So far, that hasn't been the case on anything. Pretty disappointing performance and it is all on Adobe.

i dont think it can kill ipad
smile.gif

Not everyone wants Flash on the iPad - I know I don't. Flash is the #1 vector for spyware and viruses entering my computer and I don't need to add that grief to my iPad.

I'm with you on that and (no, not trying to start a platform war here) the way I have seen flash run on Android devices makes me think it needs some serious polishing before it will really be useful on mobile devices.

Not everyone wants Flash on the iPad - I know I don't. Flash is the #1 vector for spyware and viruses entering my computer and I don't need to add that grief to my iPad.

What I would like to see is choice. I know, an oxymoron with Apple stuff. But really, this is what would be nice for Apple to achieve, Then those that want Flash and all it brings from its closet can have it or not have Flash. I've run into a few cases web surfing where not having Flash is annoying. But I do have my work around as inconvenient as it is.

Another issue is this BB pad brings yet another OS to the table and with it a cry for developers who want to write in yet another OS. Mario- this is your game. How do you feel about that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)