Blackberry to run android apps?

From the article
There are various approaches to this situation — one where RIM uses the open source Dalvik VM and does not involve Google, and another (incredible) scenario where RIM and Google might reach an agreement (basically “certify” the device/platform) that would provide official support to Android apps on RIM’s QNX-based OS, and would feature the Android Market, Google’s Gmail, Maps, and other apps.
This would definitely be the shortest way to get 300K+ apps for your platform overnight.
And end up on the receiving end of an Oracle lawsuit...:)

Diogen.

Interesting possibility since they are both "Java" based.

We'll see what happens. I still prefer my Evo to my Tour........

A day late and a dollar short? Or a franchise reboot? Be interesting to see. But I suspect at this point, most people view Blackberry as "old technology" and it will be a challenge to overcome that.

Plus- would they still be considered a secure platform by the government if this comes to pass?

Plus- would they still be considered a secure platform by the government if this comes to pass?

Depends on the implementation naturally. Don't know much about the os (qnx iirc). If this is in an isolated virtual machine or something similar it could work.

Rim/blackberry needs to give details about the implementation.

Swyped on my CM'D Evo using tapatalk!

A day late and a dollar short? Or a franchise reboot? Be interesting to see. But I suspect at this point, most people view Blackberry as "old technology" and it will be a challenge to overcome that.

Agreed

RIM has fallen way behind and when I upgrade, another Crapberry will not be in my future.

In all honesty if they jump in to the new technology, they need consider dropping the Blackberry name as it is not what it used to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)