Blacked out of 4K Sports on 106 when local team involved

Status
Please reply by conversation.

peelpub94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
Since 4K broadcasts of baseball games are produced by MLB Network, it's considered a national broadcast. This forces those in the local market to the regional sports network of that team. It just so happens the Yankees have had several 4K broadcasts this season and living in NY I've been blacked out of all of them forcing me to the lesser quality HD feed on the YES network.

I understand this isn't really an AT&T issue but how can this change other than putting in a fake 'move' request?

contact the league and ask them to change the rules

Sadly, this is basically the only recourse we have. Blackouts should not apply when there is a superior feed to the local HD channel. Consumers are paying for 4K, they shouldn't be shut out of it.

Sadly, this is basically the only recourse we have. Blackouts should not apply when there is a superior feed to the local HD channel. Consumers are paying for 4K, they shouldn't be shut out of it.

there is no 4k fee, at least not yet
its not about the consumers wants or needs, its about the revenue for the stations

Reactions: Jimbo
there is no 4k fee, at least not yet
its not about the consumers wants or needs, its about the revenue for the stations

I totally understand the requirement of the local networks to protect their ad revenue to their local audience. But I'm sure if they look at the numbers, it's marginal at best.

This is the opposite of what happened a few weeks back when they had a Fox Sports 4K feed. They blacked out everyone including MLB EI subs except those in the local affiliates. These blackout rules are too confusing.

Reactions: peelpub94
Not to steal the thread, but is there a College Football game on in 4k at the moment ?
If so, what channel ?

Is there a place to find the 4k programming Sports wise on D*, other than the channel guide ?

Last edited:
I just googled Directv 4k schedule. :)
And it came up showing all the 4k options but if you wanted actual shows or spirts, when you clicked on the link forbthem, it took you to the Help page ....
It gave you the info, but it's to bad that it's not on the Main website page.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)