Blackout on Fox Sports 1

Mikep87

Original poster
May 7, 2018
Batavia, NY
Hello, this past weekend I was at my aunt's house for a family gathering and when we tried putting the dish receiver on Fox Sports 1 (ch. 150) we got the following error message

Error code 744
Attention: This program is not available for viewing in your area. Select “OK” to go back, press the “Up” or “Down” arrow to change channels or select “Help” for more information.

My aunt told me she has the America top 250 package and nascar doesn't do blackouts like other types of sports so I'm hoping somebody can please explain to me why I saw this error message instead of NASCAR.

Dish has never been able to get it's act together when it comes to blackout rules. Two years ago the FCC ruled that baseball away games could not be blacked out but Dish still does and when you contact them they claim it's an MLB rule and completely ignore the FCC ruling.

Reactions: Mikep87
Sports Blackouts does not seem to specify that, at least in my reading of it.
Yep, the blackout is based on contractual arrangements between the channels and the league. Dish/DTV/etc. have no say in it, and the FCC specifically says to contact the channels with questions.

So basically dish blacked out the race because they probably thought they were supposed to when in reality they weren't supposed to black out nascar. I think the FCC should do something to make dish get it's act together when it comes to blacking out sports. Maybe then they'll stop blacking out nascar races.

Dish has never been able to get it's act together when it comes to blackout rules. Two years ago the FCC ruled that baseball away games could not be blacked out but Dish still does and when you contact them they claim it's an MLB rule and completely ignore the FCC ruling.

Doesn't this say the opposite?
Sports Blackouts How is not simply a part of the MLB contract with teams, carriers and networks?
"In almost all circumstances, the blackouts of sports events are the result of contractual agreements between the content owners (i.e., the sports leagues) and the programming distributors (i.e., the broadcast networks and stations, and the cable and satellite television channels and systems.)"

Hello, this past weekend I was at my aunt's house for a family gathering and when we tried putting the dish receiver on Fox Sports 1 (ch. 150) we got the following error message

Error code 744
Attention: This program is not available for viewing in your area. Select “OK” to go back, press the “Up” or “Down” arrow to change channels or select “Help” for more information.

My aunt told me she has the America top 250 package and nascar doesn't do blackouts like other types of sports so I'm hoping somebody can please explain to me why I saw this error message instead of NASCAR.

I'm stumped on this one. You are correct FS1 does not blackout Nascar. I don't see where races were on local affiliates.
What town is she in?

which race was it, was it Saturday's Xfinity Series race or Sunday's Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race. if it was the Saturday race, then maybe Dish got the auto blackout setting meant to hide a baseball game that aired the game that aired after the race was set too early.

which race was it, was it Saturday's Xfinity Series race or Sunday's Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race. if it was the Saturday race, then maybe Dish got the auto blackout setting meant to hide a baseball game that aired the game that aired after the race was set too early.
I was trying to watch the monster energy nascar cup series race.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)