Blackout!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Morbius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
N.E. Ohio
If you happen to notice that little gray area on the map that is me. So sad. The best game of the year (Colts/Patriots) and the stinking Browns are playing at home at 4pm. Normally I could care less if they played at 4 ,but just so happens they cant show two AFC games at the same time in the home teams market or some BS like that. Sorry ,but i just had to complain about this. BTW the blue is Raiders/Texans.

Attachments

• blackout.jpg
    blackout.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 193
Who can't show them? Fox? CBS?
Usually there is an alternative if the game is televised at all, whether or not its on satellite and viewable is another guess.

If you happen to notice that little gray area on the map that is me. So sad. The best game of the year (Colts/Patriots) and the stinking Browns are playing at home at 4pm. Normally I could care less if they played at 4 ,but just so happens they cant show two AFC games at the same time in the home teams market or some BS like that. Sorry ,but i just had to complain about this. BTW the blue is Raiders/Texans.

I'd like to know where you find such map? As far as showing two AFC games, only CBS carries "all AFC" matchups. I assume you only have 1 CBS station so that's all you can get. Perhaps you can find it on FTA? I'm not sure if there are any CBS stations on full time so you may need a wildfeed. Best solution go to a local establishment with Sunday Ticket. I feel for ya

NFL TV Distribution Maps

That is the distribution map website.

Only one CBS station in the Cleveland area. The only exception is that CBS station in Youngstown which is about 52 miles from me. The only 4 pm game we get here is Browns/Seahawks. Home team is AFC (Browns) on FOX. Pats/Colts AFC CBS.

Moribus
Here are the rule for the NFL that explains your situation...its pretty simple

-If the home team in a market is at home, NO GAME can go against it on the opposite network....period. So since the Brownies are on Fox at 4 Sunday, no CBS game can be shown. That's why when there are lots of pissed of Packer fans here in Minneapolis. The Vikes are on CBS at 1 and the Pack are on Fox at 1. Since the Vikes are at home, no game can be shown on the opposite network. That's why we get that barnburner Brownies/Seaducks game at 4 on Fox this week.

As far as showing two AFC games, only CBS carries "all AFC" matchups.

BUZZ...wrong

When an AFC team plays an NFC team, the road team's network carries it. This week the Vikes are playing at home against San Diego. Since San Diego is AFC team and the road team, CBS gets the rights to the game

In the OP's situation, the Seahawks are the road team so Fox gets the game

BUZZ...wrong

When an AFC team plays an NFC team, the road team's network carries it. This week the Vikes are playing at home against San Diego. Since San Diego is AFC team and the road team, CBS gets the rights to the game

In the OP's situation, the Seahawks are the road team so Fox gets the game

Iceberg, "all AFC" = AFC team vs. AFC team. In that case my post is correct it would be on CBS. Games including an AFC team and an NFC team can as you stated be on either network. I never caught on to the fact that the road team determined it though so, thanks for that tidbit. Learn something new everyday.

Moribus
Here are the rule for the NFL that explains your situation...its pretty simple

-If the home team in a market is at home, NO GAME can go against it on the opposite network....period. So since the Brownies are on Fox at 4 Sunday, no CBS game can be shown. That's why when there are lots of pissed of Packer fans here in Minneapolis. The Vikes are on CBS at 1 and the Pack are on Fox at 1. Since the Vikes are at home, no game can be shown on the opposite network. That's why we get that barnburner Brownies/Seaducks game at 4 on Fox this week.

In that case ice, your pissed off packer friends need a free to air setup so they can watch G10 R;)

NFL TV Distribution Maps

Only one CBS station in the Cleveland area. The only exception is that CBS station in Youngstown which is about 52 miles from me. The only 4 pm game we get here is Browns/Seahawks. Home team is AFC (Browns) on FOX. Pats/Colts AFC CBS.

Thanks for the link to the maps. That's pretty cool. I have one for Fox games that updates I believe on Fridays. The Url never changes though.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - NFL on FOX TV Listings - Week 8

NFL TV Distribution Maps

Nice link for NFL distribution. Comes in handy when Atlanta Falcons are your home team. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)