BLACKOUT

You can question it all you want. You can go broke fighting it as well...

Stop payment, make complaint to FCC and FTC, don't know how that could cause one to go broke. Most people are painfully ignorant on the law and companies like DISH prey on that. The only thing worse than an ignorant consumer is an ignorant consumer that thinks they aren't. Breech of contract? That can apply to BOTH parties, not just the consumer.

OK, get that bad credit rating and get laughed at by the FCC/FTC.... Your challenge would have to come from a suit, one you will lose, and that costs you big money.... Whatever... ;)

Stop payment, make complaint to FCC and FTC, don't know how that could cause one to go broke. Most people are painfully ignorant on the law and companies like DISH prey on that. The only thing worse than an ignorant consumer is an ignorant consumer that thinks they aren't. Breech of contract? That can apply to BOTH parties, not just the consumer.
You should have gone to law school.:rolleyes:

Since I still have my OTA antenna, this mess has caused me only a little problem: Dish took the info off the guide so I have to look up what is on CBS and Fox for that night. Feel bad for those that do not have an outside antenna.

Changing the law is the long term answer.

These disputes (where local stations ask for obscene price increases and Dish is forced to stop transmitting their signal over satellite) are going to continue until Congress changes the law. They are the ones who created the problem. This happened in my area (Albuquerque-Santa Fe, NM) earlier this year, and it will probably happen to nearly everyone who gets locals from Dish sometime in the next 2 or 3 years. I think everyone in an area where a dispute is occurring should complain (call, email, or other contact) to the 2 Senators from your state and whoever serves your area in the House of Representatives.

RobMeyer1 said:
These disputes (where local stations ask for obscene price increases and Dish is forced to stop transmitting their signal over satellite) are going to continue until Congress changes the law. They are the ones who created the problem. This happened in my area (Albuquerque-Santa Fe, NM) earlier this year, and it will probably happen to nearly everyone who gets locals from Dish sometime in the next 2 or 3 years. I think everyone in an area where a dispute is occurring should complain (call, email, or other contact) to the 2 Senators from your state and whoever serves your area in the House of Representatives.

All channels are restored

Yes, if Dish gave in, it will be another excuse to raise rates. Never really lost the locals.
most of the time you'll never know what happened. Just a press release that "we reached an agreement and your locals are back"
I'm sure both companies made compromises

Iceberg said:
most of the time you'll never know what happened. Just a press release that "we reached an agreement and your locals are back"
I'm sure both companies made compromises

I would agree with Iceberg However Heritage is a sister division to Fox so I would suspect what Fox received Heritage did

dsclark said:
I question the legality of that clause and if I were in a contract with them, I'd challenge. When you subscribe to DISH, you are in a contract for their service, but what that clause says is that they degrade the service (or even eliminate it, that could be called "a change of service") and you are still locked in. <SNIP>
There is a legal term for this is which escapes me, but I do remember that you can't contract out someone's rights.

Yeah.. It's called contractional law. Study it. Contracts are all about "rights" and this stipulates what rights the company has in changing your programming and you signed it. This is typical verbiage in all service agreements for any tv provider cable or sat.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)