Blackouts and Quietscreens are Back?

rollerfink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Detroit
Over the last few days I've noticed a lot of brief blackouts on the premium movie channels. Today it happened while watching Signs and um er mona lisa smile. I don't recall what channels these were on.

Plus I've noticed a lot of times when I turn to a channel there is no sound until I flip away and come back -- just like the old days! Mostly I've noticed this on OTA channels but I think it's on the others too.

Good news is neither of my boxes have crashed in about two weeks. Could be a record for me.

I have noticed the blackouts also. I am noticing it more on the starz channels. But I have also seen it on the other premiums also. I will note the program and time for the next times I see it.

Same here. Thought it had something to do with reaiming my dish after hurricane Ivan.

Anyone notice any changes in software versions?

Both of those movies are on Starz, actually only Starz(and I think Encore not 100% sure) have picture blackouts or frame drops. I watch Matchstick Men and Equilibrium on HBO/Showtime in its entirety and didn't have a single black screen. I also thought it was local, to my dish, but they upgraded it to a 24", I don't have the rain fade problems as I used to, so I think it's something between Starz/Voom and it's retransmission if other people are having the same problem.

Problem with Starz Blackouts

I added Starz about two weeks ago, and last week I noticed about every 20 minutes the screen blacks out for about a full second. VERY ANNOYING! :mad: It's my first premium channel with Voom. Does this happen to everyone? Is it a Starz problem, or a Voom problem?

Thanks for the smiley Sean...
topicsmerged.png

Good to see that it's not just me. Hopefully they are aware of this as it is very annoying.

Anyone else getting the quietscreens®? When you turn to a channel and there is no sound?

Once in a blue moon, (with the quietscreens) sometimes I switch channels back and forth, other times I turn the Voom box off (not reboot) and the surround sound receiver and turn them both back on, and they sound "resyncs".

I'm seeing it too on Starz HD and Encore HD. Also Saturday morning I woke up to find my box turned on. I always put it in standby at night. Ever since then I've noticed the no audio problem is back when switching channels.

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)