Blades of Glory Blu-Ray??

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Well, let us know if you buy it and it actually shows up. Maybe they quietly dumped all the BDs they pressed, rather than take a 100% loss on them.

I suspect Paramount is keeping the BD masters and all the other Blu-ray work they've done, just in case they need to release in Blu-ray again at some point in the future. Storage costs are low. Remastering is high.

i went ahead and ordered 2 one to watch and one to keep wrapped if its legit, maybe sell it around christmas time.

The news of going HD-DVD only was so last second that I bet you will be able to find the Blu-ray copies. It would be stupid of them to have these made and just throw them out. It will most likely be a one time shipment.

It will be interesting to see. While the news was last minute, I bet the decision was not. If they did press some out, they should just release them IMO

looks like im not getting it, so got an email from paypal saying my payment was refunded. they also took it off thier website. I never recieved an email from the company saying why it was refunded however, debating on if i should now leave negative feedback.

I probably would, for selling something they don't have. They don't boast this is some limited edition run of it, or an unreleased title now exclusive to HD-DVD. Most likely were waiting on it to come in, it didn't, so they cancelled the auction.

looks like im not getting it, so got an email from paypal saying my payment was refunded. they also took it off thier website. I never recieved an email from the company saying why it was refunded however, debating on if i should now leave negative feedback.

I recommend you DON'T leave negative feedback. I looked at the listing too. White Elephant is a large 'power seller', it's common for those etailers to put up pre-orders for announced titles; they probably just didn't know the SKU was canceled. I suggest you just contact the seller noting the item # and say you are considering negative feedback and suggest a compensation - free shipping / discount on next purchase?

well, i tried contacting them before i actually bid to let them know about it being an hd dvd exclusive as they had about 3 other auctions that i was tracking, that all ended early with the buy now feature. so when i saw this i just bid on it. then i got the return payments.

Why do I suspect there are crates of these things in a bonded warehouse somewhere, waiting for possible sale in, oh, say 18 months or so? ;)

or the paramount will eventually put some on ebay so they could sell them for a alot more then the retail price, think about it this is already up to $125 and has 5 more days to go.

are people nuts its now over $400, why do I get the funny feeling it maybe someone from parmamount that really doesnt want this movie out in blu-ray bidding on it to make sure it goes back to the studio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)