Blank TV2 Screen

birdo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
I have a 211 and it seems that every couple of days, TV2 will go blank with no picture and only audio. If I Power down and reboot the 211 box, then all is well. Anyone run into this or heard of this issue?

No it is the dual tuner Vip 222? The HD model with 2 tuners. Sorry, I must have thought the model numbers incorrectly.

When you say "no picture" do you mean a solid black screen or do you mean "snowy picture"?
If its a solid black screen, try disconnecting the wire coming out of the TV 2 out port of the 222 and see if the condition changes to snow. Report your findings here.

From 222, do Menu 6, 1, 5 check modulation channel for tv2 out
make sure tv2 is on above channel

fred

Did you guys unhook the TV 2 output from the back of the receiver to see if the condition changes. A black screen usually indicates a signal coming from a source. We can identify if the black screen is originating from the receiver by disconnecting the TV 2 wire. If the black screen remains, then it is possible some other source is providing the black screen.

I have a 211 and it seems that every couple of days, TV2 will go blank with no picture and only audio. If I Power down and reboot the 211 box, then all is well. Anyone run into this or heard of this issue?

Its not a modulator problems since a reboot fixes it and he stated that he had sound just no picture... its either a faulty receiver or a software problem

I am having the same problem. The picture will first freeze on the 222 and then when I change the channel to try and get it back the screen goes black and only get audio on both televisions.
A reboot solves the problem but have to do this almost daily now.
Guess I will be calling dish to try and get a replacement. Only had this for a few months.

I am having the same problem with my recently installed VIP 222. Already I am on my 2nd receiver (1st replacement). Looks like they just send out a receiver someone else has returned. Do I need to keep replacing until I get a good one??

Front panel reset is the common fix.. however.. are you leaving both tunners off when they are not in use? if you leave them on all the time they can have issues.. specially the 222. Dish has a list of rthe "known receiver issues" and i think that was one of them with this particular receiver.

Yes, both tuners are usually left "on" when not in use. We normally just turn off the tv's. How does one get access to this "known receiver issue" list? I will try shutting off the tuners to see if it effects this problem. At least it is happening frequently to do some testing. The Dish tech support persons seem to have no clue about this problem and one of them escalated the issue to her next level. They are going to dispatch a service rep to look at my setup. It sure sounds like a firmware issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)