Blasted Dish, ESPN and MLB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kaydigi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
I live in Richmond, VA.

The Mets vs Nationals game on ESPN is blacked out because I am in the Nat local area.

Dish doesn't carry the Nats or Mets Channel in EI so I can't see the game there either.

And MLB should have EI setup that every game is carried on their package on matter what squabbles the provider has with a RSN.

Kaydigi said:
I live in Richmond, VA.

The Mets vs Nationals game on ESPN is blacked out because I am in the Nat local area.

Dish doesn't carry the Nats or Mets Channel in EI so I can't see the game there either.

And MLB should have EI setup that every game is carried on their package on matter what squabbles the provider has with a RSN.

Kaydigi,

Even if Dish did have a MLB Out of Market feed for the Nationals game, you would NOT qualify for it as you are in the Local RSN's Local Market, and you MUST watch any Local Market Game On your LOCAL RSN's channel assignment.

All Local market games are blacked out on the Out of Market packages, in all OOM (Out of market) packages ie, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings, College Full Court etc.

John

JohnL said:
Kaydigi,

Even if Dish did have a MLB Out of Market feed for the Nationals game, you would NOT qualify for it as you are in the Local RSN's Local Market, and you MUST watch any Local Market Game On your LOCAL RSN's channel assignment.

All Local market games are blacked out on the Out of Market packages, in all OOM (Out of market) packages ie, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings, College Full Court etc.

John

That sucks. Who started this nonsense? MSG for the Knicks and Rangers?

The game was blacked out here too :mad: Fortunately there's 14 other games on today so I got over it. But Dish has got to add MASN ASAP, this is ridiculous

Where can you find out whose local markets you are in??

Apparently being in DE i'm in both the Orioles AND Phillies market! That's BS - Baltimore is a hell of a lot further away from me.

psumattDE said:
Where can you find out whose local markets you are in??

Apparently being in DE i'm in both the Orioles AND Phillies market! That's BS - Baltimore is a hell of a lot further away from me.
Vegas has you beat! San Francisco (600 miles away), Oakland, Dodgers, Angels, Padres and Diamondbacks all claim Las Vegas as "in market". The rules are nonsense, but the money trail is obvious.

mikew said:
Vegas has you beat! San Francisco (600 miles away), Oakland, Dodgers, Angels, Padres and Diamondbacks all claim Las Vegas as "in market". The rules are nonsense, but the money trail is obvious.
Same here in OR. The M's ,Giants and A's in my local rsn's i can watch two out of three but not my team the A's on ESPN 2. Its on Action 36 and dish says i have to be in the bay area to get that channel. So there goes half of my games!:mad:

I have written DISH many times about adding MASN and they don't even bother to respond. There's no reason they can't get a deal done with MASN if the can get one done with STO. They are just dragging their feet and losing customers at the same time.

hallrk said:
I have written DISH many times about adding MASN and they don't even bother to respond. There's no reason they can't get a deal done with MASN if the can get one done with STO. They are just dragging their feet and losing customers at the same time.

How many customers do you think they really loose? It is most likely a very SMALL number. These nitch chanels will never get the band width needed to carry all of tehm let alone the $$ needed fromt he base to cover them. I too have Sports chanels that I wish were there but it is a fact of life. There is always the option to switch providers and that is probable the only way you will get the chanel

I was watching the Dodgers/Braves game yesterday on ESPN and when it got to the 2nd inning, it froze up. I changed the channel and when I turned it back to ESPN, it said it was blacked out in my area!? I was able to watch the game on FSN, but I wanted to watch it in ESPNHD!

HDProjekt said:
I was watching the Dodgers/Braves game yesterday on ESPN and when it got to the 2nd inning, it froze up. I changed the channel and when I turned it back to ESPN, it said it was blacked out in my area!? I was able to watch the game on FSN, but I wanted to watch it in ESPNHD!

The very same thing happened to me. I live in near Mobile, AL which is 335 miles away from Atlanta. FSN looked terrible compared to the ESPNHD feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)