Blind about 5.1 audio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ronconnolly

Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
San Jose, Ca.
I feel like I'm blind when it comes to programming that contains 5.1 audio. Is the only way to find out is by looking at the programming guide? cCan a "Search" routine be set up and what would be the best to search for, 5.1, DD?

I feel like I'm blind when it comes to programming that contains 5.1 audio. Is the only way to find out is by looking at the programming guide?
'Fraid so. And that's not always going to be etched in stone.
Can a "Search" routine be set up and what would be the best to search for, 5.1, DD?
'Fraid not.

Maybe you don't have your surround sound hooked up correctly with your receiver. For example, if you have a red and white wire coming out of your box going into the surround sound - that is your problem.

Most primetime programing is 5.1 but the guide data only says stereo.

The primiums movie channels usually tell you that a move is 5.1.

If you see the DD symbol for dolby digital is usually means 5.1 BUT not always.

The Dish reciever must be hooked up via toslink to your reciever as was point our already.

Thanks for the responses! I guess my real problem is that I mostly watch HD programming but not Premium channels like HBO or Stars. I thought if a channel was providing a movie like "Independance Day" it would be in 5.1 and not just stereo.
I have always used the Toslink FO cable for my audio sources, so that's not the problem. I was just hoping there was a way to find HD programming with 5.1 audio, in the programming guide.

Thanks again for the responses! I'll keep watching and listening!

Like Paradox-SJ said above, nearly all HD programs are 5.1, regardless of whether or not the guide says stereo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)