Blind search for Dummies

Status
Please reply by conversation.

talrudeboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2004
I have a ST 3688 and I want to Know the best way to Blind search.
I know this:

Ad the Sat
Go in ant config
Press Scan
Select the sat you want to scan
press scan again

I choose to only see FREE Channels
Scan Type: I Choose Blind Search.

That is about all I know.

Questions:

1. Will this do any good scanning the defaut TPs or I have to enter a few in first?

2. When entering TPs Do I have to Find Quailty 1st or Blind search will cover that?

3. What are the ways to acually find something by mistake? (Adhoc)

Sorry but I am vry new to this and I want to know.
Thanks
Talrude

1. I would use blind scan rather than a transponder scan at this point, you will get a lot more channels, you also only want to be scanning for FREE channels or you will have to delete loads of scrambled channels.

2. If you are sure you are on the satellite you then enter the TP details if you do not get quality there is nothing on that TP.

3. I would use a spare satellite name, (like Astra or whatever) and motor the dish to random places in the arc stop the motor and do a blind scan, you will find satellites that way, write down the channel names then you can work out what satellite you have found by checking the list of FTA channels. Then go back to the satellite list and use the right name for the satellite, enter a live channels details (you wrote down) and swing round to hit the same spot and when you get quality again do another blind scan and store the channels you want and the satellites position!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts