Blinko.com Unauthorized Cell Phone Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

txcruiser

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
I found a $3.99 "premium text message" charge on my last T-Mobile bill.
In another place on the 50 page or so bill I found the charge was from blinko.com
When I called TMobile they didn't seem too alarmed. They said they credited the charge ('ll see next month) and it didn't seem to be a recurring charge but rather a one-time charge. I asked them to block blinko.com charges on all my phones and they said they could do that, but there's no guarantee some other ringtone "company" charge wouldn't show up at some point. TMobile said all the person has to do is enter someone's cell phone at these sites and the charge is then placed on the cellphone user's account. How bogus is this!!! The carriers must be getting a portion of the fees to be allowing these charges onto the bill.
Unbelievable!!! :mad:

Well cell numbers are unlisted so someone either entered your number, they entered theyrs incorrectly, or you just got a new number recently.

Van said:
Well cell numbers are unlisted so someone either entered your number, they entered theyrs incorrectly, or you just got a new number recently.

No new number recently added.

My guess is that it was spam generated!

Still can't believe these downloads can go straight to your cell phone bill. Why can't the user be required to pay these charges up front when they order the "ringtone".
Because it's a SCAM that all the cell phone companies have bought into!!! :mad:

Just found out my neighbor experienced this same bogus charge on his TMobile bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)