Blochbuster policy on HDDVD

swade

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Last week Block Buster wiped out my orders for HDDVD's and I caught on to it early because of a response to an earlier thread I made. Thanks to this, I reordered and have received one of the two I ordered U571. The other is suppose to come today, Van Hellsing.

I received today a form letter Email a week late explaing their action:

Dear Wade,

Over the last few weeks, your Queue has included DVDs in HD format, a new DVD format that cannot be read by regular DVD players.

You may have added HD DVDs to your Queue without realizing that you were selecting a new, non-standard format. To make sure that you won't receive a DVD in a format that you're not able to view, we have gone ahead and removed all HD DVD titles from your Queue.

If you did intend to select HD format DVDs, we apologize for the inconvenience. Just re-add the titles you want to your Queue -- go to DVD Collections and click on HD DVD for a complete list of titles -- and we'll ship them to you as soon as they are available.

What is HD? What special equipment is required?

HD is an exciting new technology that brings high-resolution imagery to the home theater experience. To play an HD disc you need the following special equipment: an HD DVD player, a high definition television, and cables that can support high definition images. Learn more about BLOCKBUSTER Online® and HD DVD.

Thanks and again we apologize for any inconvenience,

Your Friends at BLOCKBUSTER Online
It appreas most of the members of this site are with Netflix but if they get their act together this could be an altenative sourse.

I hope this is of some interest for some people. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reposted the above but in black text so we could read it easier.

Dear Wade,

Over the last few weeks, your Queue has included DVDs in HD format, a new DVD format that cannot be read by regular DVD players.

You may have added HD DVDs to your Queue without realizing that you were selecting a new, non-standard format. To make sure that you won't receive a DVD in a format that you're not able to view, we have gone ahead and removed all HD DVD titles from your Queue.

If you did intend to select HD format DVDs, we apologize for the inconvenience. Just re-add the titles you want to your Queue -- go to DVD Collections and click on HD DVD for a complete list of titles -- and we'll ship them to you as soon as they are available.

What is HD? What special equipment is required?

HD is an exciting new technology that brings high-resolution imagery to the home theater experience. To play an HD disc you need the following special equipment: an HD DVD player, a high definition television, and cables that can support high definition images. Learn more about BLOCKBUSTER Online® and HD DVD.

Thanks and again we apologize for any inconvenience,

Your Friends at BLOCKBUSTER Online

Blu ray/ HD DVD notebook

IGN: Toshiba HD-A1 Review

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)