Blockbuster at Home DVD/Game by mail no more.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDinTX

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Just got this email from Dish. I've been out of the loop for awhile so is this already known?

Dear Dish Network Customer,

As of September 19, 2013, Blockbuster @Home? will no longer include DVDs or games by mail. We recognize that this is an inconvenience, so the by-mail DVD or Blu-ray Disc? that you have at home on 9/19/13 will be yours to keep. Please keep in mind that this does not include in-store exchanges or titles that have not yet shipped.

Also for your inconvenience, starting on 9/20/13 you will receive one free Pay-Per-View certificate per month for the next three months. An email will be sent to you every month at the time of issuance. To use your Pay-Per-View certificates, please visit mydish.com/myppv.

The Blockbuster @Home package continues to bring you the best in movies with 21 great channels, including:

EPIX® (channels 380-382)
STARZ® Cinema (channel 353)
Sony Movie Channel (channel 386)
Hallmark Movie Channel (channel 187)

In addition, access thousands of movies On Demand by watching on your computer or favorite device with dishanywhere.com or the free DISH Anywhere? app. The titles below are just a few examples of what is offered with your subscription.

Can you still get dvd's and games at the brick and mortar stores?

Old News about Blockbuster ending. Good news about receiving 1 pay per view/month for 3 months.

Had a list of games grandson picked out,Dish never shipped any. I guess I just add this to the never ending list of things(Hopper,Roku,Ipad just to name a few) that was either taken away or I cannot take advantage of. As for PPV certs, big deal,I usually have already bought the movie so the certs expire. Its now time for me to really examine if me paying Dish $175 per month is in my best interest. The last time I watched anything on Dish was 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately my wife watches a couple of channels that are not on the low end packages. So my choice is either all or nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)