Blockbuster Deals for Existing Dish Customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, this is one of those rare lazy weekends where we have no plans so we watched the disc we received this afternoon, took it up to the local store about 5 minutes away, exchanged it for another new release not yet available on NetFlix and by the time I got to my car I had an email that showed the confirmation of the exchange on my account. According to the store employees, when I turn this exchanged disc back in, BlockBuster will ship the next movie in my queue without waiting for the other one to make it back to them.

Just thought I'd update my experience for anyone who is considering the change.;)

As long as you have an open slot, if you use Total Access renting from the store is the same as renting on-line you can keep the movie as long as you like however the movie will take up on of your slots.

The only time the return date applies is if you have used your limit of in-store exchanges. I also don't believe you can return more than 2 at a time for your free exchanges. They will give you 2 and make the other a normal rental.

Play close attention to your queue, if the disc does not appear in your queue when you rent you are on rental terms and pay attention to the due date as to not incur late charges.

As long as you have an open slot, if you use Total Access renting from the store is the same as renting on-line you can keep the movie as long as you like however the movie will take up on of your slots.

The only time the return date applies is if you have used your limit of in-store exchanges. I also don't believe you can return more than 2 at a time for your free exchanges. They will give you 2 and make the other a normal rental.

Play close attention to your queue, if the disc does not appear in your queue when you rent you are on rental terms and pay attention to the due date as to not incur late charges.

Thanks for the info. :up

I do know that the offer to Netflix customers is unlimited in-store exchanges...it even says that on my account page when I log in also. You are correct about having no due dates on the in-store exchanges. I'm on the one out at a time so I don't know anything about a limit of two at one time or if that applies to this new offer.

Interesting info about the exchange must be in your queue. I was not aware of this...although this one was, so it wasn't an issue.

I turned my in-store exchange in today and got an email that they were shipping my next movie from the queue. We'll see how long this next one takes to arrive. I imagine it should ship tomorrow...if it ships in the same time frame as before then I should have Tuesday.

Thanks alot Zach.

Now the question is, how does Blockbuster's mail selection compare to Netflix? Anyone out there used both and can tell?
I use both. Both have a distribution within 5 miles of my home.

Netflix has a same-day turnaround with returned disc and next day delivery for discs sent out.

Blockbuster frequently has a two day turnaround and sometimes a two day delivery time.

While there is a nearby BB store, I use the US Mail only.

Both have systems in place to "throttle" or restrict usage if they perceive you are too much of a user.

Long time Nerflix sub. Only have streaming now. When we had dvd plus streaming always had quick turn around. Get it in the mail in the Morning often receive email that it was received at distro center same day and next disc on the way. Next disc always arrived nlt. 48 hrs after return mailed. Only exception was Sunday/Holiday mailing usually take extra day but that is us mail not netflix.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Interesting info about the exchange must be in your queue. I was not aware of this...although this one was, so it wasn't an issue.
Simple matter, just use a smartphone to log into your account while at the store and add it to your queue prior to check out.

Now I really wish the blockbuster right by work didn't close down a few months ago.

Interesting info about the exchange must be in your queue. I was not aware of this...although this one was, so it wasn't an issue..

I don't think the exchange has to be listed in your queue prior to rental. It never used to work like that. What might have been meant was to check your "Out" queue on your account to make sure the DVD is listed as being out because that means it's on your BB Online account and not a straight forward store rental. The DVDs exchanged in-store are tagged as such in the "out" queue or used to be when I used BB Online.

I don't think the exchange has to be listed in your queue prior to rental. It never used to work like that. What might have been meant was to check your "Out" queue on your account to make sure the DVD is listed as being out because that means it's on your BB Online account and not a straight forward store rental. The DVDs exchanged in-store are tagged as such in the "out" queue or used to be when I used BB Online.

Yes, you are correct about the exchange showed up as being in the "At Home" section of the by mail queue. My store account is linked and it shows no rentals made as "in-store" rentals.

I was thinking (yes, I know I've been told not to do that), with this increase by Netflix and all the backlash against it, this would be the perfect time for Dish to step up to the plate and offer 99 cents PPV every weekend (if not always). I believe Dish would really reap in the benefits not only dollar wise but customer appreciation wise. Are you LISTENING Dish???
Ghpr13:)

If the movie is listed in checked out queue after you have rented from the store it is on Total Access terms. If it doesn;t show up as rented from the store it is on store terms and has a return date. Sorry for the confusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)