Blockbuster movie pass / Starz

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Just got a free 3 mo trial of movie pass. Surprised that I can see about 300 streaming selections for Starz in the movie pass section On my 722k even though I'm not subscribed to Starz -- tho movie pass comes with starz cinema. Was able to watch a random title for free. Even though I don't subscribe to Starz all the titles for Starz show up as free when I press the * key to show only free / subscribed titles.

So I guess Starz on demand comes with movie pass? Is that really true or did i luck out somehow? If so that's a big score for Dish... Especially since Netflix is losing Starz streaming in a few months!!!!!

Last edited:
Zach,
I'm referring to gOing to my 722k and choosing DVr. - blockbuster movie pass -- and then choosing movies from the Starz folder to download / stream. I am not getting starz free for a year and am not tuning into starz cinema. I'm downloading movies like Alice in Wonderland with dish on demand in the blockbuster movie pass folder and the starz folder in there. Does this make more sense?

Zach, so you're saying I don't need to have Starz in my DISH programming package in order to watch Starz movies through Blockbuster Movie Pass?

I got the BlockBuster software upgrade on my 612 but not yet on my 622 which still shows the Platinum option. It seems what they offer is exactly the same. Is the change from Platinum to Blockbuster just a name change? For some reason I thought Blockbuster would have its own inventory of movies avilable for streaming, but apparently not. Am I missing something? I have the AEP package.

I got the BlockBuster software upgrade on my 612 but not yet on my 622 which still shows the Platinum option. It seems what they offer is exactly the same. Is the change from Platinum to Blockbuster just a name change? For some reason I thought Blockbuster would have its own inventory of movies avilable for streaming, but apparently not. Am I missing something? I have the AEP package.
Correct Blockbuster Movie Pass and DISH Platinum are the same thing. DISH Platinum's name changed on October 1st when Blockbuster Movie Pass was launched.

Which is why if you were paying for Netflix streaming and 2 Blu-Ray Discs at the same time, and subscribed to Dish Platinum, all before October 1st, you can get the best of Blockbuster's Disc selection and Netflix's streaming, and still be saving money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts