Blockbuster movies not streaming

BrewCrew2

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Wisconsin
I should start out by saying that I am Dish Network technician, so I'm not ripping on the company at all :rolleyes: but with that being said, this blockbuster movie pass is getting very frustrating! I watched a movie off it this morning, it cost me $2.99 and it downloaded immediately and I was able to watch it with no problems what so ever. The other movies that I've tried to watch (they were free ones) say that it I will be able to watch them in like 1h 12m, but then after waiting that long, it still says I'll have to wait longer! Of course I checked these forums and called DASH but I haven't had much like in finding any answers as to why this is happening. The CSR at DASH gave me the standard answer of it's my internet speed that is at fault, but I know that's not the issue!!:rant:
If anyone has had similar experiences or knows of any solutions to this I'd greatly appreciate it. I know it's all new and they're still working on bugs in this system but that doesn't make it less frustrating now lol

I had the same experience after the second movie in the queue. there is no way to delete these movies from the queue once they start downloading. I think the free movies are watchable as long as you do not have anything else in the queue.

Welcome to the forum. My experience was with HD content.

I had the same experience after the second movie in the queue. there is no way to delete these movies from the queue once they start downloading. I think the free movies are watchable as long as you do not have anything else in the queue.

Welcome to the forum. My experience was with HD content.

I had the same experience with not being able to stop a download. I restarted the receiver to kill it. I hope this problem gets fixed soon.

I should start out by saying that I am Dish Network technician, so I'm not ripping on the company at all :rolleyes: but with that being said, this blockbuster movie pass is getting very frustrating! I watched a movie off it this morning, it cost me $2.99 and it downloaded immediately and I was able to watch it with no problems what so ever. The other movies that I've tried to watch (they were free ones) say that it I will be able to watch them in like 1h 12m, but then after waiting that long, it still says I'll have to wait longer! Of course I checked these forums and called DASH but I haven't had much like in finding any answers as to why this is happening. The CSR at DASH gave me the standard answer of it's my internet speed that is at fault, but I know that's not the issue!!:rant:
If anyone has had similar experiences or knows of any solutions to this I'd greatly appreciate it. I know it's all new and they're still working on bugs in this system but that doesn't make it less frustrating now lol

There are PPV and VOD selections mixed in with the Blockbuster Movie Pass content that can be filtered out by pressing the * button. PPV and VOD work a little differently than the Movie Pass. When the message appears showing that it will take XX hours and XX minutes, wait about 10-15 minutes and then start the movie. This will give it enough of time for it to stream without having to stop and buffer. However if even after waiting you are still receiving the buffer message you will need to check your internet speed. In order to stream SD content you need a minimum internet speed of 1.5Mbps, and for HD 3Mbps. You can check your internet speed by going to speedtest.net. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a PM.

from what i have seen, streaming blockbuster is very unreliable with a wireless adapter. also...doesnt seem to work on hoppers at all. direct connection to a router only works about 1/2 the time on hoppers. not sure why this is.

Sounds like you have network issues. I have no problem at all on my Hopper.

thats good to hear. as an installer, i have been frustrated getting it to work consistantly in people's homes. do you have a hic installed?

The minimum bandwidth requirements for streaming Blockbuster @Home movies through the receiver are; 3Mbps download for HD, 1.5Mbps for SD. Your minimum upload would need to be at least 700kbps. If your Download/Upload speeds are lower than that the receiver will not be able to stream properly and you will see buffering issues.

The minimum bandwidth requirements for streaming Blockbuster @Home movies through the receiver are; 3Mbps download for HD, 1.5Mbps for SD. Your minimum upload would need to be at least 700kbps. If your Download/Upload speeds are lower than that the receiver will not be able to stream properly and you will see buffering issues.

of course. most cases i have seen have 3 mbps-7 mbps. i have 7. works a little more than half the time connected direct to a router. i have noticed that a reset seems to get it going again. i have several customers who i am keeping updated as to what i learn at my own house so i can fix it in theirs. the only thing i can think of would be to install a HIC. The issue is not so much with actual streaming as it is with just trying to keep the thing consistantly connected.
while i have you, why are there 2 ethernet ports?

which one is the second?
i assume one will be an output somday. but for now, i think the top port is more reliable as an internet input. our training said nothing about it, so we are left to guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts