Blockbuster Unsure About Future!

means Netflix can raise their rates again in 3 months and we just have to eat it.

Redbox will be looking more feasible, and I agree with Reed Hastings when he said Redbox was going to be their biggest competitor.

it means DANG IT I just joined blockbuster and actually do enjoy taking my family to the movie store picking up moves and dinner and spending time as a family. and now it dosent look good.

it means DANG IT I just joined blockbuster and actually do enjoy taking my family to the movie store picking up moves and dinner and spending time as a family. and now it dosent look good.

ya know, that is one thing I miss with netflix. Our kids absolutely loved going to the video store.
Then again, they love watch instantly with netflix. I never thought anyone would enjoy pink panther as much as I did as a kid.

Well, here's a different take. According to this analyst, Blockbuster has enough operating money to survive for at least another 3 years. They will need to restructure debt in order to survive past that though....

But another analyst scoffed at the idea of Blockbuster going bankrupt.

"They have three years before they have an issue," Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter said. "They generate enough cash to fully service all of their debt until July 2012. My guess is they'll restructure that debt well before then."
Blockbuster on the brink? - MSN Money

ya know, that is one thing I miss with netflix. Our kids absolutely loved going to the video store.
Then again, they love watch instantly with netflix. I never thought anyone would enjoy pink panther as much as I did as a kid.

A Netflix model hurts the smaller films. People tend to rent the big hits via mail. I know that when I go to Blockbuster, I tend to search out the little films where there is only 1-2 copies on the shelf. Those are the ones you never see at Best Buy. I have found some of my favorite movies in the last few years that way. If Blockbuster and Hollywood Video go away, there will be no real way to discover these films.

yep brayden my youngest was full up on instant streaming, but its also summer, so right now he wont miss that as much, but I do agree, that is the big thing in our decision was the streaming.

A Netflix model hurts the smaller films. People tend to rent the big hits via mail. I know that when I go to Blockbuster, I tend to search out the little films where there is only 1-2 copies on the shelf. Those are the ones you never see at Best Buy. I have found some of my favorite movies in the last few years that way. If Blockbuster and Hollywood Video go away, there will be no real way to discover these films.

Though I agree that browsing video stores is a good way to find little films not usually displayed at Wal-mart, Best Buy, or Costco, I think Netflix is also an excellent way to find them, thanks in part to their reccomendations. In addition I would guess better than 75% of the movie offerings in their Instant Watching selection are "little films." I also know that any film I hear about from newspaper reviews (yes, I still read the newspaper) will be available on Netflix as soon as it's released on DVD. The nice thing about Netflix is that the service allows me to take a chance on a lesser-known film without feeling I'm throwing $4 away if it turns out to be a dud.

Don't read too much into that. There are certain rules about when an auditor must issue a going concern warning. The fact that they are missing debt covenants (requiring these covenants to be waived by the creditor) is likely what led to the issuance of the going concern warning. This doesn't necessarily mean that they will be going out of business, just that the auditor feels it is important for the shareholders to be aware of what is going on so that they have the full information to protect their investment. I have seen many clients who get a going concern who don't skip a beat.

I went to my nearest Redbox yesterday, and there were two of them, both with all the same titles. I asked the store manager if he knew what was going on. He was told one of them was going to be Blu-ray, television shows, and special anniversary editions. COOOOL!! Looks like they might be to Netflix what Netflix was to Blockbuster

Also, dont forget about Movie Gallery, although they are not in the best shape in the world. Here in Alabama though, they are on about every corner.

Also, dont forget about Movie Gallery, although they are not in the best shape in the world. Here in Alabama though, they are on about every corner.

They closed down here at least three years ago.

They are in bankruptcy. Maybe somebody bought the name? Kept a franchise going?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)