Blockbuster: We Need More Blu-ray Discs!

Wow, BD may only last 5 years.

Speaking at the Home Media Expo in Las Vegas, Keyes said Blu-ray can prolong the life of the disc rental business by at least 5-10 years.

That doesnt sound very optimistic to me.

Not new but the problem persist.

NetFlix, the online DVD rental service, often lists current Blu-ray releases as unavailable.

Keyes said that if the studios do not improve the rental business for Blu-ray, many consumers may eventually opt to download films over the Net at home.

Hollywood video could use a few more blu-ray titles. Usually, they get two new releases and I have to wait a couple of weeks to rent it.

Im having no issue with Netflix.

They're talking about needing more for their B&M stores, not for their by-mail services....

"But Keyes lamented that video retailers are having difficulty getting enough Blu-ray copies to place on store shelves to increase consumer interest in the format. Blockbuster is now carrying Blu-ray titles in roughly 5,000 stores."

Hollywood video could use a few more blu-ray titles. Usually, they get two new releases and I have to wait a couple of weeks to rent it.

I wouldn't worry about them. They're in bankruptcy. Lot's of stores already closed.

No kidding... Hollywood Video charges $7 to rent high def movies. When they did their HD DVD exodus I had to wonder WTF? I never rented from them. However, I sure did enjoy paying $10 for discs. I especially enjoyed re-selling multiple copies of Into the Wild for $19 online! :D

Wow, BD may only last 5 years.

Speaking at the Home Media Expo in Las Vegas, Keyes said Blu-ray can prolong the life of the disc rental business by at least 5-10 years.

That doesnt sound very optimistic to me.

That's not what the quote said, it said it would prolong the RENTAL business not BD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)