Bloomberg: AT&T’s Need for Spectrum Signals Dish Bid at Decade-High Premium: Real M&A

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yespage said:
Your attitude aside, I was responding to Bobvick's comment "Dish would not be a drop in the bucket for AT&T to acquire. They were going to pay $39 billion for T-Mobile." which implied AT&T buying Dish outright.

Your sarcasm meter must be broken. The rumors are always about AT&T taking over Dish, so I just turn the tables on the rumor that won't die.

There is absolutely no way under the sun that Dish Network could buy AT&T. I was pointing out that from a financial standpoint, Dish is very small compared to AT&T. Dish Network's market capitalization and net income is in round figures 1/10 that of AT&T. Money talks and sh*t walks. If Charlie Ergen has a price in mind that he would sell Dish for, and AT&T meets it, the company will sell, irrelevant of how much you, or me or anyone else may dislike or like AT&T, if AT&T wants to shell out enough money it will eventually happen.

Perhaps he may be interested in selling Dish and keeping Echostar. He split the companies apart, he must have his reasons. He has also left the day to day management of Dish.

From the way I understand it, Joe Clayton is only gonna be around for 5 years. That's the plan. Ergen wanted to be more in command on the future strategy and overall vision of DISH as head chairman but left day to day operations to CEO Clayton.

Ergen is now CEO of Echostar which is the manufacture of the Hopper. Even though they are seperate, the nuts and bolts of the hardware Echostar is creating are going to be integral part of DISH's future goals etc.

I do believe thogh that Clayton is only brought in as CEO to get this rebranding off the ground like he has done with other company's on his resume.

It's all the same old speculation we've rad a 100 times now. I don't see Dish being sold off from E*. I also don't see them sell or leasing the spectrum as they want it for mobile video themselves.

I can definitely see them selling the spectrum, if ATT flashes the cash. I could see that more than I can see them starting up their own wireless service.
The problem with that is that Dish Network is beholden to the terrestrial communication companies in order for people to stream online. The future is on Demand streaming. In order to be able to allow his customers to do so without the threat of other companies choking the pipeline, they need to develop their own system.

Whatever complaints or suggestions you have asked of Dish, I guarantee if AT&T takes over, it will be a nightmare. A subscriber since 1994 I am gone...........

The problem with that is that Dish Network is beholden to the terrestrial communication companies in order for people to stream online. The future is on Demand streaming. In order to be able to allow his customers to do so without the threat of other companies choking the pipeline, they need to develop their own system.
Valid point. But, that future is further away than some people like to think. (Netflix has been trying to force it, and look what happened there.)

I still think there is a good chance Dish would take the cash instead of gambling on what's behind door number two. There could be limitless revenue from wireless broadband behind there, or a year's supply of Turtle Wax. OTOH, cash is cash.

SQUEEZON said:
Whatever complaints or suggestions you have asked of Dish, I guarantee if AT&T takes over, it will be a nightmare. A subscriber since 1994 I am gone...........

How could you have been a subscriber since 1994? Dish Network did not launch until early 1996.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)