Bloomberg HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thank you Dish, its not your fault Bloomberg HD sucks. I am the guy that has been emailing Dish Network every month begging them to get Bloomberg HD. I am sorry I ever asked for it. I love watching the business channels all day long mainly because unlike all the other major news channels that seem to only be celebrity gossip shows, the business channels actually talk about news. I especially liked Bloomberg News because they had the least amount of graphics and clutter on the screen. I watch Bloomberg Live when I am at work and I always imagined that Bloomberg HD would resemble the LIVE TV on their website with a full 16X9 screen.
I was so excited this morning when I woke up and seen Bloomberg HD had been added. I was late for work because I wanted to stick around and see what one of their HD programs actually looked like. I cant tell you how disappointed I was when "Inside Track" started. Just like all the other HD business channels, the video has been reduced to a small pop-up window in the upper left corner.
Bloomberg was different if not better then CNBC and Fox Business because they did not clutter the screen with the ticker at the bottom and the graphics in the right margin. Visual Noise is what I call it. Well, Bloomberg took it to a knew level. they doubled the ticker at the bottom and put the Visual Noise to the right almost identical to CNBC and FBN.
I hate CNN but from what I can tell they have the least amount of Visual Noise of all the business/news channels so that is what I will be watching. The Bloomberg LIVE TV on their website has not changed so I will continue to watch that at work.

Last edited:
Thank you Dish, its not your fault Bloomberg HD sucks. I am the guy that has been emailing Dish Network every month begging them to get Bloomberg HD. I am sorry I ever asked for it. I love watching the business channels all day long mainly because unlike all the other major news channels that seem to only be celebrity gossip shows, the business channels actually talk about news. I especially liked Bloomberg News because they had the least amount of graphics and clutter on the screen. I watch Bloomberg Live when I am at work and I always imagined that Bloomberg HD would resemble the LIVE TV on their website with a full 16X9 screen.
I was so excited this morning when I woke up and seen Bloomberg HD had been added. I was late for work because I wanted to stick around and see what one of their HD programs actually looked like. I cant tell you how disappointed I was when "Inside Track" started. Just like all the other HD business channels, the video has been reduced to a small pop-up window in the upper left corner.
Bloomberg was different if not better then CNBC and Fox Business because they did not clutter the screen with the ticker at the bottom and the graphics in the right margin. Visual Noise is what I call it. Well, Bloomberg took it to a knew level. they doubled the ticker at the bottom and put the Visual Noise to the right almost identical to CNBC and FBN.
I hate CNN but from what I can tell they have the least amount of Visual Noise of all the business/news channels so that is what I will be watching. The Bloomberg LIVE TV on their website has not changed so I will continue to watch that at work.
You could always watch the SD feed on ch 203. Maybe the only solution.

I like the new Bloomberg HD channel.

It looks like the studio shots are actually HD, unlike CNBC where SD studio shots are merged into the HD channel.

The fact that the studio video is indeed HD is what I find so frustrating. Why bother with HD if the picture is a small pop up window. I posted last week, since then they have added another layer of useless graphics and the video window has gotten even smaller. I know alot of people like the graphics/information and thats great for them, but this is television not the internet.
I stopped watching Fox Business because they have become just Fox News 2.0 with mostly politics and celebrities. I stopped watching CNBC because the SD video. I was really hoping that Bloomberg HD would set a new standard. All 3 business channels look indentical, WHY? It defies all logic that all of them would use the exact same format that so many dislike. I am not trying to speak for others, but I have read the same complaints on other forums from other people too.
Years ago the logos in the bottom right corner were getting bigger and bigger and then 911 happened. Every channel started using the ticker at the bottom and his has just grown from there. Ok, the ticker is not too bad, the name and title is understandable but thats enough. Stock info, program title, latest headlines, abrieviated news (whole stories) and gigantic logos, its insane.
The other day I was watching a segment on the TWC with viewer videos. The video was of a tornandoe and the weatherman was saying "look at that" , "did you see that", " what a great video" etc. The whole time the video was rolling they had all the darn graphics thier computer engineers could muster going on and all I could see was grey sky at the top of the screen.
I am not just a whiner. If I dont like it, I remove it from my channel menu. Bloomberg is gone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)