Blu-crew.com Launches!

Gee Vurbano, even when I agree with you you disagree!:rolleyes:

They have changed the layout!
rdjam must have threatened to sue them...:)

OK. Let's look at their "flagship" article: Blu-ray Disc - The Superior Format.

The extra bitrate is significant in that it allows for superior and less time consuming video encoding...
Stacy Spears here
We have measured, on the best HW, less than 2x real-time encoding. Sony's MPEG2 HD encoder is 2x real-time. It is real-time per-pass and takes two passes. The <2x was on expensive HW, but still much less than the MEI AVC encoder and cheaper than the Sony AVC encoder. It does make it more than the Cinema Craft encoder.
And this is MPEG-2, i.e. first version of The Fifth Element, i.e. crap.
...high bitrate lossless audio,
...100% of releases from these studios include lossless primary audio tracks
Since BD doesn't have DD+ mandatory, what else is left but to fill the storage/bandwidth with LPCM...
The specification allows for movies encoded at their native rate of 24 frames per second in progressive format. This native encoding allows for the native ‘24p’ output on a number of Blu-ray Disc players, which greatly reduces motion artifacts on displays that can properly handle this display mode.
Motion artifacts? WTF does judder have to do with motion artifacts?
Sounds very much like JoeSp wrote this - nothing to do with reality...
HD DVD on the other hand specifies that encoded content must be interlaced.
Yeah, right. And the Earth is flat and square...

Diogen.

People wonder why both formats are not gaining a true advantage and its primarily because of sites set up like this one with invalid information. I do not support one over the other and make my decisions based on the title released as I've yet to see one be superior over the other. I laugh at these pissing contests when in reality most of the arguing is because the BD people can't watch certain movies and the HD people can't watch other movies. If seeing something is so important buy the other player. One stat I'd like to see is of the BD fans vs HD fans how many BD trolls are PS3 owners and how many HD trolls are 360 HD Add-on owners... I'm guessing a good amount.

Note from after I posted... I meant the site linked not satelliteguys. Before I get flammed and killed for the wrong reason.

Note from after I posted... I meant the site linked not satelliteguys. Before I get flammed and killed for the wrong reason.

So your saying there aren't TROLLS here ?

Read back a few post's ! On page one .

Particularly post #1

My oh My, LOL,

I must of Hit a troll nerve ? Now I can reappear and not hide anymore
!
:clap

Well enough of this.
Where is that unsubscribe button ?

Last edited:
So your saying there aren't TROLLS here ?

Read back a few post's ! On page one .

There's definately trolls on here as there is every board but when an entire site is created with the purpose of spreading wrong information the site itself is nothing but a troll.... hence the first post being nothing but a troll post. How long until the site says some of the other stupid things found on HD/BD sites:

BD has a higher resolution than HD
- Fact 1080p 24 or 60 is the same no matter what media you use as long as it supports it

BD has larger disc space and therefore is better
- None of the medium has used all of the space on the disc exclusively for audio and video. They fill it with extras and as a result isn't helping anything with a/v.

HD is a finished product and therefore is better

- Even HD with polished specs is still being modified... larger disc sizes, introduction of 1080p 60 players, etc. While it is not having the problems of BD Java it still is far from 100% flawless.

Also to add my 2 cents as to why there are separate forums... its because as you use the players you notice different things and have questions. (I had a problem about a disc earlier this week in HD) and a few questions on both types in the past. Also to discuss new releases and such... not for promoting one over the other.

We didnt agree. You persisted in judging the mods decision as wrong :rolleyes:

Vurbano, you do not read english very well do you? I was the one who requested a moderator look at the comments by HD-DVD supporters in the BluRay forum. Since I am the one who asked, then I am the one who knows what I was requesting.

I was requesting that the HD-DVD supporter comments be removed as they were negative to the information. Ilya decided that it would be best to just move this post to the WAR ZONE. And I agreed with his decision but not with his interpretation of what I was requesting. As he is the moderator I supported his decision and said so.

You on the other hand, are trying to pass judgement and twist what I was saying. When I made a negative comment in the HD-DVD forum I was asked not to do that and I abided. When I post in the HD-DVD forum I keep it positive to the discussion. I would just like to see the same thing happen in the Blu-Ray forum too. Fair is fair.

Vurbano, you do not read english very well do you?
Again it is your lack of reading comprehension. You are the one questioning the mods decision and commenting that it was the wrong decision. You are lucky this isnt AVS forum. Congrats on editing it out of your post. :rolleyes:

Guys, would you please stop off-topic posts? Thanks!