Blu-ray Player Prices Showing Signs Of Downward Trend

The cheapest player my local WalMart has is $386. They aren't moving.

The cheapo RCA DTV boxes are moving like greased lightning...

"A closer look at price trends of other Blu-ray players (without BonusView and BD-Live features), reveals that the BD-P1400 is not a fluke."

These prices drops are for 1.0 obsolete players. WOW how desperate we are for a good headline. This is a temporary dump of players that no one wants. When they’re all gone prices will rise. Lets not forget that the highly anticipated Panasonic disappointed most when they unveiled their $700 BD50, also Pioneers lovely pair of new players for $600 and $800 respectively.

I might pick up one of the 1.0 players pretty soon, be a great player for the bedroom. And maybe get one for my Mom, that way I can play my Blu-Rays over there during the Holidays. Dont need any fancy features in the bedroom, and my Mom would never use any of it

I might pick up one of the 1.0 players pretty soon, be a great player for the bedroom. And maybe get one for my Mom, that way I can play my Blu-Rays over there during the Holidays. Dont need any fancy features in the bedroom, and my Mom would never use any of it

Im with you... From day one I knew what I was buying. I just want to watch a movie.

Ive probably never intentionally tried anything that was 1.1 on a disc. I just pop em in and watch em, then they go on the shelf or back to netflix.

I never use the PiP function when I run through the movie the first time. It distracts from the movie experience. If there's something I want to see I'll go back and use it.

S~

Just noticed yesterday that AT&T is going to test bandwidth caps on their HSI, just lovely.

I wish Xstreamhd would hurry up and launch, Im curious to see if anything in the download arena will be able to compete.

Balmer from M$ claimed the death of printed media in 10 years, yeah, we see how well Kindle's are selling :rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong, I get USA today via electronic edition and love it, Id also love to have a box I could connect to the internet that gave me everything bluray does, its just not there(and prob a ways out). To go out and accept one of these downloads services, once you started watching a lot of blu-ray, means that you have to give something up in the way of audio and/or pq.

I almost never use any of the extra features, so my profile 1.0 player is just fine for me. I just hope that in the future all BD movies will be backward compatible with profile 1.0 players.

I almost never use any of the extra features, so my profile 1.0 player is just fine for me. I just hope that in the future all BD movies will be backward compatible with profile 1.0 players.

? I see absolutely nothing that would prevent a 1.0 player from playing the movie. You just can't do PiP or access the internet. Movies play fine as do the menu accessed special features like delted scenes, documentaries, etc.

S~

Only thing that may hurt is if its an older player that they've quit supporting via FW. With the push for 2.0 now from studios, CE's may quit worrying with keeping the 1.0's going and spend more time on the new stuff.

As a person with a family of five, I really can't get myself to buy a Blu-ray player for 300 to 500 bucks. So the lowering of prices isn't getting me to jump yet. When I do jump, it is going to be for a PS3 since you get a gaming machine and player in one. But even when you get a player the prices are still too high to actually buy a movie. Yes the prices have shown a downward trend and they need to if they want to capture the mass market appeal. Times are very bad right now for the middle class with gas so high and the economy going down the tubes. Blu-ray prices will go down further.

As a person with a family of five, I really can't get myself to buy a Blu-ray player for 300 to 500 bucks. So the lowering of prices isn't getting me to jump yet. When I do jump, it is going to be for a PS3 since you get a gaming machine and player in one. But even when you get a player the prices are still too high to actually buy a movie. Yes the prices have shown a downward trend and they need to if they want to capture the mass market appeal. Times are very bad right now for the middle class with gas so high and the economy going down the tubes. Blu-ray prices will go down further.
You might want to consider the PS3's very soft PQ before you make your final decission.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)