Blu Ray Player Question?

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Lakeland, FL
I'm looking for a new player...but I need one that is region free for DVDs. I know most if not all Phillips DVD players are region free, so are the blu ray players as well? I'm not looking for a moded one. Just one you can change the region with the remote. Any help is welcomed

~Brian

Most BD players need to be modded. Oppo/Denon are PAL compatable as long as the DVD is not region locked. Supposedly a mod will be available as soon as they have a player to test it with. They've cracked down on the remote hacks. The Sony 560 can be programmed but it requires a programmable remote control.

S~

I was going with my gut that the philips blu ray players would work with the same remote code as the DVD players

1)No disc in tray
2)press "HOME" key on remote control
2)press number keys "1389310"

Some of those players you can only switch it so many times from one region to another before it comes permanent.

Pioneer players from previous generations could be DVD region 0 but it requires a programmable remote. Logitech Harmony required an email and a custom code entered into your account for your remote to perform the commands. It was easy and I did it for my Pio 51FD without a hitch, but it was not a simple lookup and perform deal.