Blu Ray Player With 2 HDMI outputs

boydjp420

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
I am looking for a blu ray player with 2 hdmi outputs so one can go to my 3d tv and the other to the receiver. I know panasonic and samsung have one, I was seeing if there was any other ones out there. Thank you very much for your time.

Or why not go to the receiver and then out to the TV?
That would be a better idea, I think.
Even if you have to buy a new receiver - proper HDMI 1.4 pass-through would probably start around $250...

Diogen.

The Oppo BDP-93 has two HDMI outputs. Plus it's 3-D capable, does network streaming, and plays SACD & DVD-Audio discs.
All this for the same price as my BDP-83............

The Samsung BD-C7900 is the way to go. I got it on Amazon for $289.99 and free shipping. It has 2 HDMI outputs, supports everything, has Samsung Apps, built in wireless, 1GB storage. GREAT DEAL!!!!

The Samsung BD-C7900 is the way to go. I got it on Amazon for $289.99 and free shipping. It has 2 HDMI outputs, supports everything, has Samsung Apps, built in wireless, 1GB storage. GREAT DEAL!!!!

That is a nice unit! I had my eye on it, waiting for a "deal". Well, on Black Friday, Amazon had it for....get this....$200 shipped! (OneCall, I think). Well, I said if Black Friday was so good, I will just wait for Cyber Monday, might get better! Well, the price has never come below $249.00 since...bummed me out, so decided I would go for the BD-C7500. Does not have the 2 HDMI ports, and doesn't have the "Fast Start" feature, but almost everything else is the same. New (Open box) special on Amazon for $140, so I am a happy camper; after getting used to that whole sliding top thing :eek:

What is the saying: "A bird in the hand......", LoL.

And the 7500 doesn't do 3D. I hope op has good luck. I've found Samsung to be flaky, unresponsive, and slow to address problems.

S~

And the 7500 doesn't do 3D. I hope op has good luck. I've found Samsung to be flaky, unresponsive, and slow to address problems.

S~

Ditto but my experience was with an older player, the Samy BDP1400. My complaint with it was the updates took months to be available. It was the reason I bought the PS3 for new blue ray releases. Last summer I gave it to my daughter. She had it for 3 months and one day it just quit working. It's out in the shop now waiting for me to get some time to see if I can repair it.

I have the Oppo BD83 SE which is really a high end audio player. Yesterday, I ordered the BD93 for my 3D upgrade. Couldn't get much of a deal but I was really pleased with my 83SE so if this 93 works well, I suppose I'll try and recover some $$ by selling the 83SE. The Oppo's haven't been 100% perfect on new releases but damn near 100%. Having the PS3 has been a good investment in a fail safe backup player.

They were still unresponsive and slow with the current models. I have the 6500. It will be leaving one of my setups hopefully, soon.

S~

The Oppo BDP-93 has two HDMI outputs. Plus it's 3-D capable, does network streaming, and plays SACD & DVD-Audio discs.
All this for the same price as my BDP-83............

You might want to ask elwaylite what he thinks of that 93. He returned his, preferring his 83.

I'm quite happy with my Oppo 83, with one exception. Oddly, it does not do fast forward searching on DVDs as well as some DVD players. At the faster speeds, instead of more or less smooth high speed action, it just jumps forward, freezes a frame, repeats. This can make finding a particular scene quite difficult. But it seems to be a common, but not universal, failing. I wonder if there's a firmware fix for that. Or if there's ever even been a f/w update.

93 is great for SACD and is VERY fast. Only HDMI problems were with Pio receivers, and it has dual outs. Streaming is real nice with great PQ, but the DVD playback left a little to be desired. 93 = 3D, net enabled, dual HDMI 83 = better DVD playback

I dunno how the 93's 3D performance is, and Ive read enough about Samsung Ill not buy one of their players. Ill have a BDT110 coming with my VT30, so Ill post info on it when I get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)