Blu-ray players behind on interactivity

Yepp, saw this on Swanni's site.

Both of them should get the "Captain Obvious" award for stating the known.

+100 wont help at this point.

Do most people care about this? I rent the move, watch it, and send it back. I never watch any of the extra features. I am sure small percentage of the overall viewers - but not many.

Give me more movies - not extras. Plus all this extra interaction is only going to drive the price of the movie up since it isn't free to put this stuff on the disc.

Give me more movies - not extras. Plus all this extra interaction is only going to drive the price of the movie up since it isn't free to put this stuff on the disc.
That's what the studios want. They like these features so they can charge more and make more profits. We're stuck with them.

I would like to think most people are like Silvia2112, and me. I have watched extremely little of the extra's on the DVD's I have. I couldn't care less about any of the interactive features. As a matter of fact I get offended that people think this is a must have feature. I live in the sticks with dial-up as my only internet option (other than satellite internet or cellular wi-fi which I refuse to spend that amount of money for) so those features do nothing for me. As a matter of fact I was pleasantly surprised the other day when I bought the BD Harry Potter/Order of the Phoenix a couple of weeks ago and popped it in the PS3. There was nothing on the disc but the movie, I think. It didn't go to a choice menu - just straight into the beginning of the movie. I like that.

I would like to think most people are like Silvia2112, and me. I have watched extremely little of the extra's on the DVD's I have. I couldn't care less about any of the interactive features. As a matter of fact I get offended that people think this is a must have feature. I live in the sticks with dial-up as my only internet option (other than satellite internet or cellular wi-fi which I refuse to spend that amount of money for) so those features do nothing for me. As a matter of fact I was pleasantly surprised the other day when I bought the BD Harry Potter/Order of the Phoenix a couple of weeks ago and popped it in the PS3. There was nothing on the disc but the movie, I think. It didn't go to a choice menu - just straight into the beginning of the movie. I like that.

Actually it has a number of extras, and on BD they are in HD. But as you said they chose to go right to the movie. I believe they did the same for the whole series.

Personally I like a few extras, just as long as they aren't charging me more for them.

I might occasionally watch some extras but the wife never does unless it is a documentary about something that really happened and then she does not stay around very long. We primarily just watch the movie.

That said, having features and how you view them is very important to those who do like the extras. HD-DVD definately has had it over BD in this area since the beginning but with 1.1 now out maybe we will begin to see some balance to this. Of course 2.0 would end this conversation but as we all know, not all players will do 2.0 and we will not be seeing alot of players until the fall that will be 2.0 nor will we see alot of movies either. In this respect, BD needs to get movin!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)